• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does it take....

Wanderer7

Smash Rookie
.... to take Ike to high tier?

i personally think if Ike had a better second jump, if the second jump went higher then Ike can easily compete for a spot on high tier. when i play Ike i get thinking i would trade his floatiness, i would have him fall faster, for a better second jump. and since his air attacks autocancels (so i heard) falling faster might not be a bad thing.

maybe also boost his grab too. i know he doesn't have a tether, but if he can use the range of his sword and use the flat side of his blade to 'scoop' the opponent towards him (like hockey players control a puck using a stick) then Ike will be a much better character.

well even if he can't get a boost in his grab range, the second jump boost is good enough to lift him higher. haha pun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It doesn't matter, unless they come up with Brawl+, Ike is going to stay in Mid-Tier right where he belongs.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
All Ike really needed was to just be faster.

But what he needs as of now is for the players to be more creative with him. If nothing advances, all the moving he'll be doing is to low tier.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
All Ike really needed was to just be faster.

But what he needs as of now is for the players to be more creative with him. If nothing advances, all the moving he'll be doing is to low tier.
This.

Ike thrives on the creativity of the player.

Doing the same **** over and over again is why everyone thinks Ike sucks. It's because you can figure it out with relative ease.

Don't worry about high tier, mid tier or low tier. Worry about winning.

Top Bottom