• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do?

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
So I'm starting to really dig Luigi but, I don't want to be a typical player. You know just dthrow to Fair. What are some sweet combo that you came up with?

Liwi808

Smash Cadet
I was gonna make a list, until I I realized that it would take too long. IMO pretty much all of luigi's neutrals, aerials, and tilts are very fast and deal decent damage. Even Fireball (very buffed, and one of the most versatile projectiles in the game. Works well for zoning, starting/extending combos, and racking up damage at 5-6% each), and Tornado (works properly and isn't useless like the last three games. It's also one of the best way to mix up your approach and recoveries) work very well in tandem with Luigi's overall fast arsenal of moves. Memorizing combos is great, but Luigi is one of the most fluid characters in the game in terms of how you can chain his attacks together (which is what makes him the most fun for me to play in the game), and it's best to just adapt to whatever situation you're currently in. I know that's not the answer you were looking for but that's my honest opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I'm starting to really dig Luigi but, I don't want to be a typical player. You know just dthrow to Fair. What are some sweet combo that you came up with?
There is a lot of combos you can do with Luigi. So, it's hard to list them all... I'll name a few of my favorites.
  • Up tilt > up tilt > ...: Just keep juggling, just keep juggling... really works well on heavy fighters. You can finish off with an up smash.
  • Down throw > neutral air: This is good at higher percents. Nair has a lot of range to boot. At lower percents, you can use a fast fall nair and go for another grab.
  • Down throw > back air: Another kill set-up. Might be tricky to pull off if you aren't fast enough.
  • Down throw > up air > up air > ...: The up air is a good move to chain and combo with, but it isn't as reliable as the fair combos. I think this is more useful on stages with platforms since they'll stand, barely have time to shield, and you can just go all out.
  • Down throw > down air: This is a set up for a meteor smash of course. What happens next depends on the situation you are in. You can go for another down air (useful if you do this by a ledge), fast fall nair (this should stun the opponent briefly to the point where you can grab again), Luigi Cyclone (good to chase with), among other chains.
  • Down throw > Super Jump Punch: I personally don't use this too much, but this is a very good finisher.
  • Down throw > Luigi Cyclone: Also known as the "Hoo-Hahnado," this sucks opponents upwards and they have a hard time escaping. Of course, this is useful for higher percents, but it has uses at lower percents. I notice that Luigi has an easier time killing opponents at higher percents with rage.
  • Down throw > Any smash attack: Not really a combo, but I use this as a finisher sometimes. It catches some opponents off guard.
  • Up air > Midair jump into down air: I haven't tested this out too much to see if it's character dependent, but this can stun opponents to the point where you can follow up with a meteor smash. You can down throw into it if you feel like it.
  • Sliding up smash: Not a combo, but I feel as though I should mention this because it throws some opponents off guard as well.
Those are the ones off the top of my head. There are a few that I am not mentioning, such as up tilt, up smash, and Luigi Cyclone starters.
Don't be too reliant on the down throw as it will be useless in some match-ups (like Jigglypuff, where she will be in the air 99% of the time) or using it too much will make you predictable.
I think you should experiment around with Luigi and his combos. There is just a lot you can do with him.

Top Bottom