• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you use your c-stick for?

Pando

Smash Rookie
NNID
PandoSJ
Tilts or smashes?

Setting c-stick to 'attack' allows you to use it in the air without affecting your mobility, and you can buffer a tilt out of a perfect pivot.

Setting it to 'smash' allows, well, quick smashes, especially out of perfect pivots which- if PPing is actually a useful technique- is most useful on Luigi due to his long slide.

I can't see much use for B-sticking with Weegee. It certainly doesn't help with Tornado recoveries.

I'm just trying to work c-sticking into my Smash 4 play and would appreciate input.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In Brawl anyway, I used it for Smashes. Seeing that U-smash and F-smash are his kill moves, setting it to 'Smashes' is more helpful. I play with Tap jump on, but with practice I can do tilts consistently without it being read as a jump or a smash attack.

Don't have the WiiU version, but I can still safely say that using it for smashes is a better idea, as I sometimes have trouble landing the kill move at the opportune moment in the 3DS version.

D

Deleted member

I use it for Smashes. Dashing into an up smash is a bit harder in this game for me for whatever reason. The C-Stick enables me to use this maneuver more efficiently, especially when Luigi can slide and do a sort of surprise attack.

I would also use the C-Stick for aerials at times, such as retreating fairs.

The_World

Smash Cadet
I set it so Smashes, mainly for the purpose of dashing into an up smash, but other than that I barely touch it, since I'm used to playing on a 3ds.

Top Bottom