• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do you think this is?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that's his strong forward, if it were his running, I'd expect there to be puffs of smoke behind him, look at Fox, for instance. The puff he has pops up for stationary attacks, mostly.
All strong forward attacks I know of look exactly like the smash attack, but weaker

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Not really. Kirby's strong forward is a weird curling kick, while his smash is a turning side-kick. Ness' was a side kick, and his smash was a baseball bat. Marth has a horizontal swipe and a downard slash. You must not know of many attacks ;|

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
To me, it looks somewhat similar to the dash attack Ness has in Melee, just with a graphical upgrade to have a PK LOVE-esque appearance.

But it could also reasonably be his F-Tilt or maybe even the last part of his neutral-A combo.

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for bringing this up, I also thought that pic displayed his final smash, then I saw him swinging a bat. Guess we'll find out in a month :laugh:

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
I do think it's his running attack. There are no puffs, but there is firey lights down by his feet. They also aren't that planted, and it looks like he could be sliding as he does the attack.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Those are planted. The smoke puff by his feet is characteristic of any strong ground based move that goes straight, not just for Ness or Lucas, but just about any character kicks up a puff of smoke behind them when doing an FSmash.
That being said, it's probably his strong forward, his position looks almost identical to Luigi's FSmash in Melee, with the cocked hips and extended arm, with head tilted a bit. Unless it's his FSmash, and the stick is his strong forward.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
LoL. Total jargon here....
In Mother, did PK LOVE do anything besides replace Rockin'?
eh, looks like stationary. What kind of dash attack requires you to twist?
That would just stop your momentum. No sliding.
But nintendo doesn't have to follow mundane rules like that.

Top Bottom