• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think Samus's best overall move?

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
Charge shot is obviously a key move for samus especially when used correctly. Don't always use it when your opponent is far away from you either. Always look for the value in each move a character has rather than relying on one move. Sometimes moves that seem unimportant at first can become a vital component of your strategy. (Samus bombs for example)

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I mean Morph Bomb has the most uses when you think about it. SWD, recovery, GREAT shield decay, bomb OOS, platform bomb into Nair, random bomb in neutral. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
I'd give it to Ftilt or Jab
Safe, Fast ground options are what keeps her alive.

For comboing/damage, I'd give it to Forward Air. It pops characters up in a style similar to Sheik's ftilt, and it's perfect when catching people on platforms. Fair also has a tendency to poke shield, as it has several different hitboxes that appear in many different places.

For finishing, I'd give it to Bair. It's an easy connection out of dtilt, grounded uptilt, and dair popups. Smashboards doesn't let me post links yet so if anyone has questions regarding my opinions on bair I'll answer them once I can post links lmao.

And for edgeguarding, Uptilt.
I mean come on just look at that hitbox, all you need to do is watch Duck to know about the uptilt.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Usually with "what's X character's best move" topics like this one I like to point out that Marth, e.g., would be basically unplayable if he didn't have his up-B. Because I'm a smartass. Except that doesn't actually work in Samus' case, because even without her up-B she probably has an above-average recovery.

Except... I think the answer might actually still be her up-B. It just takes away so many options that are viable against other characters, and forces many opponents to completely change their playstyles to compensate. It also shieldstabs, is fairly easy to edge-cancel, has shenanigans on FoD/Yoshi's... and you can use it to recover.

The only other candidates I can see are Charge Shot and n-air. Charge Shot is the only viable long-range kill move in the game and as such gives Samus a lot of unique options, and n-air is just the best sex kick besides maybe Luigi's.

OBI1JABLOMI

Smash Cadet
down smash, it pops up opponents, and gives a good amount of damage. plus it hits in front and back.

Litt

Samus
Usually with "what's X character's best move" topics like this one I like to point out that Marth, e.g., would be basically unplayable if he didn't have his up-B. Because I'm a smartass. Except that doesn't actually work in Samus' case, because even without her up-B she probably has an above-average recovery.

Except... I think the answer might actually still be her up-B. It just takes away so many options that are viable against other characters, and forces many opponents to completely change their playstyles to compensate. It also shieldstabs, is fairly easy to edge-cancel, has shenanigans on FoD/Yoshi's... and you can use it to recover.

The only other candidates I can see are Charge Shot and n-air. Charge Shot is the only viable long-range kill move in the game and as such gives Samus a lot of unique options, and n-air is just the best sex kick besides maybe Luigi's.
Thought Link's nair was over all better than ours? and doesnt docs or luigis get stronger the longer it is out? :/ as for the best move, I have to say its Bomb, Fair then forward tilt, fair has so much combo potential, especially against fast fallers, bomb are the heart of her as a character especially recovery wise, and her zoning neutral revolves around ftilt

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Doc's Nair gets stronger. It's a reversed "sex kick". Luigi's Nair gets weaker the longer it stays out, just like every other "sex kick"

ycz12

Smash Ace
I forgot about Link's n-air, it really is amazing.

I don't think Doc's is better, though. The fact that it starts out so weak is a serious drawback, and even at its max strength I don't think it's much stronger than Samus', if at all.

Top Bottom