• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS What Do You Thin The Box Art For 3ds Look Like?

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Remember this thread is for 3ds box art, I have a different thread for wii u. But I think it should be some characters fighting in an epic arena in the form of trophies and it could be one of those images where the way you look at it, it will change positions. Just imagine it!

Greda

Smash Journeyman
The box art..? I'm thinking it's going to be the same as the Wii U's box art. Just saying.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The box art..? I'm thinking it's going to be the same as the Wii U's box art. Just saying.
I hope not, that may be detrimental to the game. I know whenever I see a handheld game share box art with a home console release game, I instantly jump to the conclusion that it is a quick cash-in. Is that necessarily the truth all the time? No, but that tends to be the general consensus with complementary games.

When people see the 3DS version, they need to identify it as it's own game.

Last edited:

Icebreaker

Smash Rookie
I think the 3DS boxart is obviously gonna have more of a reddish color scheme, while the Wii U will be bluish, reflecting the logo's and the seasons they are released in. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual casing is red a la Mario Kart 8 since the Wii U will more than likely maintain the typical blue case.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It will probably be the same box art as the Wii U version. That said, I really like ^'s idea.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think it's fairly obvious what the box art will be.

Villager holding Greninja in a full nelson while slitting his throat expressionlessly. Meanwhile, Little Mac is punching the poor pokemon's stomach.

I actually like Greninja, I don't know why he became the punching bag.

Morbi

Scavenger
The box-art could be assorted reminiscent of Brawl or Melee with a collage of characters, but the 3DS version would put predominantly handheld character in the foreground. The Wii U version would be consistent, console characters in the foreground. The front runners like Mario will probably appear in the front for both versions for marketing purposes. The box art would basically be mirrored. After that, they could incorporate @ Icebreaker Icebreaker 's idea.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster

Whipped this up today. Could've been much better, but hey my editing skills aren't all that amazing with box art. Anyway, I know most will disagree with the third parties fighting on the front, but it would attract people to it at least.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I think the 3DS boxart is obviously gonna have more of a reddish color scheme, while the Wii U will be bluish, reflecting the logo's and the seasons they are released in. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual casing is red a la Mario Kart 8 since the Wii U will more than likely maintain the typical blue case.
If that's the case (pun), I'm switching my Smash Wii U box with my Mario Kart box. Mario Kart 8 looks awkward right now in its red box on my blue-filled shelf, but having both Smashes in red cases to distinguish them from their peers would be sweet.

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
No way we could know really.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo only shut down the Wii and Ds servers. The 3ds and Wii U servers are still up. But for how long?¿ (probably a few years)

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Nintendo only shut down the Wii and Ds servers. The 3ds and Wii U servers are still up. But for how long?¿ (probably a few years)
Online games for 3DS and Wii U have the Nintendo Network icon, not the Wi-Fi Connection.

Top Bottom