• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Do You Love About Our Galactic Bounty Hunter?

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I have been noticing a lot of negativity about Samus, but in order to nurture a thriving community positivity is nigh paramount. She has been a character I have loved since the original Metroid days, and one of my favourite characters in the Smash series, for better or worse.

So the questions: When and why did you start playing Samus, why do you continue playing her and what are your favourite aspects of her character?

Lets try and keep this positive and about the Samus with the suit. ;)

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
I myself started playing melee back when I was pretty young and something just sort of screamed at me about her character: "Woah missiles and a big blue ball of death??" This was obviously before I cared about any sort of balancing of characters and I loved spiking my friends down into the depths with her Down-Air and coming up with the flashiest (or trolliest) ways of beating them.

I continue playing her because she suits my zoner playstyle, she hold a lot of nostalgic value for me and I thoroughly enjoy her quirkiness when presented next to the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Nothing can stop me from using Samus. Always my main and always will be. I especially love going for combo strings with her. Mained both of Samus on the first day of 3DS release and haven't really touched anyone else. I find her way more satisfying to use than ZSS, however. ZS ain't fun to use online.

Top Bottom