• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you look for in Streams?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just got off my first live commentary on Twitch (running a good two hours) but I'm looking to get some advice on what people like in streaming.

Do people prefer the more knowledgeable player that can provide a lot of information you might not know otherwise or the guy who spouts memes / nonsense and tries to be the funny guy? Not just in a Smash context (which I plan on streaming here and there) but for other games as well.

I really enjoy streaming so far! Do you guys stream as well?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just got off my first live commentary on Twitch (running a good two hours) but I'm looking to get some advice on what people like in streaming.

Do people prefer the more knowledgeable player that can provide a lot of information you might not know otherwise or the guy who spouts memes / nonsense and tries to be the funny guy? Not just in a Smash context (which I plan on streaming here and there) but for other games as well.

I really enjoy streaming so far! Do you guys stream as well?
I'd say it varies on a lot of things. If you're commentating on a tourney, it's probably good to provide information on character matchups, the players, and fundamentals early on in a bracket. Trying to be funny or hype when commentating is a hit or miss. You just have to be yourself and hopefully it'll click for the audience. I tend to like the informative commentary, but that's just me. Talking about the players is neat since you get to know more about the scene or the style on how they play.

If you're just playing random games outside of a competition, anything goes. Let's plays are fun when the streamers talk to the stream chat.

Bozo302

Smash Rookie
I usually look for swag. Oh wait thats everystream... But all jokes aside I usually just look for people that have extensive knowledge of the game and cracks a joke everyonce in a while and last but not least the commentator must BRING THE HYPE!! (sorry for bad grammar)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If you're not a sellout or a wannabe sellout you're all good.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Originality, game knowledge, and humor.

That keeps me glued to streams.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I want commentators to talk about the match. Even if they're not funny or whatever. If they have a good flow and commentate the match (ie dont tell random stories during commentary) theyre good to me.

Dustiletto

Smash Cadet
NNID
greasyitalian
3DS FC
3411-1534-9274
If you're talking about just streaming normal single-layer games and the like, stay active. It's good to communicate with your audience.

I think Vinesauce is a good example of streamers that have good chemistry with their audience whilst staying interesting with their own commentary. Just try and stay organic and don't try too hard.

If you're commentating with another person or multiple people, good chemistry is always something that's needed. Bouncing off of what eachother say etc.

Top Bottom