• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Do You Like Best About Sonic??

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
this thread is to let people know how you feel about sonic and why you think he's so great. i personally think he is the best player on the game (so far) but probably will be overall, what i like best about him would probably have to be his insane combo's, when he gets started you can get people in alotta pain. i know his moves dont go over 20% damage but it addes up. :)

This is my first "thread".....ever........ i have never done this stuff before but ssbb is so freakin amazing i thought i'd give it a try.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Um no not really you make it sound like all of his console games suck.
-_-;

So far he is looking pretty good maybe he'll even be upper tier character.
his >b looks incredibly useful for combos and his ^B is easily one of the best recoveries there is. o0o0o I can't wait for the game to come out

Yellow Legend

Smash Rookie
I like the fact that he:

is fast,may take some time to get used to but still fast
you can up b and still do aerials (I think)
His upb doesnt automatically grab the edge unlike others
over b seems like a nice recovery move
smashes seem pretty good
I like d tilt a lot, havent seen other tilts
very nice aerials
He's freakin Sonic

That's all I can say for now.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Best things about Sonic:

1. He has the best ground speed and you can use that to your advantages for setting up combos.
2. His Up B is the best for recovery and you can do what ever attack (Except Up B) or method after you use his Up B.
3. He has a a break dance attack/move like Mario (This is true to Sonic's character anyway).
4. Nice taunts.
5. Awesome and best Final Smash (IMO).

Sonic, FTEW!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SSR ruins that whole argument.
Sonic Heroes is debatable but considered good.
Sonic Riders apparently is okay (never got to play it)

Sonic's bad games just are louder than his good ones.
Secret Rings got mixed reviews, so it's only so-so.

Sonic Heroes was a good concept executed poorly.

Sonic Riders was okay.

There has not been an amazing console Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

What do I like the best about Sonic?

He's Sonic, and he's in Brawl.

Garuda

Smash Ace
You know, I'm not really sure. I guess I grew up with this Genesis games, but he has this personality, saying "come on, let's get moving!", a feeling of encouragement. Plus, he's about as recognizable as say, Mickey Mouse or Mario when it comes to character design.

SSR ruins that whole argument.
Sonic Heroes is debatable but considered good.
Sonic Riders apparently is okay (never got to play it)

Sonic's bad games just are louder than his good ones.
Not for me it doesn't. I'd rather play the God awful 360 game than SatSR.

But that's just me. And crap Sonic games on the consoles are why I have a Wii, VC points, and a DS and Sonic Rush.

Doctor CP

Smash Rookie
Best things about Sonic:

1. He has the best ground speed and you can use that to your advantages for setting up combos.
2. His Up B is the best for recovery and you can do what ever attack (Except Up B) or method after you use his Up B.
3. He has a a break dance attack/move like Mario (This is true to Sonic's character anyway).
4. Nice taunts.
5. Awesome and best Final Smash (IMO).

Sonic, FTEW!
You can only do arial attacks after his up-B, you can't do any b-moves after that.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
After SA2B, they all do. No exceptions.
Even Sonic rush? I think you mean all the 3d ones after that, Sonic Advance series and Rush series are both awesome.

Anyway, the reason Sonic rocks, the reason his 3d games suck, SPEED, he's supposed to be about speed, not digging as Knuckles (what did they do to him?) or playing crappy lock on machines with Tails, 3d Sonic games have lost it, even SA2B was pretty crap, the Sonic parts were good, but the digging and lock on shooter parts that you HAVE to play to get through it? No...

Also Heroes was a step in the right direction but should have made a longer single player with much less characters, that way it would have many more unique stages rather than 4 repeats of the same levels with different characters.

spindash

Smash Ace
What I like the best about Sonic, personally, is that his attitude really inspires me. He lives carefree, following his own heart and judgement and never by the word of anybody else. He doesn't look before he leaps, and he has a great sense for adventure, just like I do.

If anything, he's a rolemodel for me. I could care less if a rolemodel is fictional or real, if it's a positive influence, then I think it's great!

Now, about Sonic in Brawl. >D He is the greatest character to grace the game~ No questions asked on my opinion here. His recovery is phenominal, ESPECIALLY for the fact that he can do any other move AFTER that besides another Up Special? By lord he is broken in recovery. Just like characters such as Meta Knight. And he's not even a flying character. I love it. His speed is top-notch, and no one else will ever match him. They can try, but they will all fail.

He may be weak as some people have said, but when you're stringing combos together like a mad mofo I don't think it hardly matters anymore. Sonic his name, speed's his game. And he's hitting Super Smash Bros. Brawl at supersonic speed.

Get ready world. Sonic the Hedgehog has joined the Brawl~

P.S. Beg pardon for my devotion as a fan of the series if I went overboard. He's just made of awesome. Always has been, always will be.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Back in the day I had a Genesis while my friend had NES/SNES, and I was rockin' all the Sonic games, I just think he's a cool character, I like Sonic more then Mario.

But maybe not Paper Mario...=]

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
sonics homing spin also looks extremely usefull for tacking on extra damage when the %tage is high and possibly a kill with little to no effort but i read you have to get the dive angle close to a 45 otherwise there will be no kickback they just slam into the ground

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
What I like the best about Sonic, personally, is that his attitude really inspires me. He lives carefree, following his own heart and judgement and never by the word of anybody else. He doesn't look before he leaps, and he has a great sense for adventure, just like I do.

If anything, he's a rolemodel for me. I could care less if a rolemodel is fictional or real, if it's a positive influence, then I think it's great!

Now, about Sonic in Brawl. >D He is the greatest character to grace the game~ No questions asked on my opinion here. His recovery is phenominal, ESPECIALLY for the fact that he can do any other move AFTER that besides another Up Special? By lord he is broken in recovery. Just like characters such as Meta Knight. And he's not even a flying character. I love it. His speed is top-notch, and no one else will ever match him. They can try, but they will all fail.

He may be weak as some people have said, but when you're stringing combos together like a mad mofo I don't think it hardly matters anymore. Sonic his name, speed's his game. And he's hitting Super Smash Bros. Brawl at supersonic speed.

Get ready world. Sonic the Hedgehog has joined the Brawl~

P.S. Beg pardon for my devotion as a fan of the series if I went overboard. He's just made of awesome. Always has been, always will be.
I love you.

That bit that I've bolded is exactly why I love Sonic too. He's character is very optimistic and inspiring. You've basically snatched the words straight out of my mouth. I was thinking to say the same thing when I saw this thread but you have said it perfectly so I don't have to. I'm actually not much like Sonic, however, it would be great to be as carefree and adventurous as him. He has a great outlook and attitude and that's why he's so much better than a lot of the game characters out there.

In regards to his games after SA2: Battle, I actually did like Sonic Heroes. Of course it had its bad moments (granted, there were many) however, like all (or most) Sonic games it had the stages of pure fun and where it worked. I'm a sucker for Sonic and I'll buy his games; 3D or not. I wasn't a big fan of his PS3/360 debut (as a matter of fact I hated it) but it did have a few moments when I loved it. If only they could capture these moments and make a whole game, eh. As a matter of fact I read way back in Gamesmaster that SEGA are pulling back and taking some time with Sonic. They're really taking some time to think about there mascot and the heavy changes that must ensue. I believe this will result in a game that is true to the Sonic games of yore. If it is, it will be a game to remember for sure.

In regards to Sonic in Brawl, I also agree with spindash here as well. He is a character that chains together attacks to create devastating combos and his great speed ensures that he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the right hands.

SONIC FTW!

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Sonic is epic, and as many others have said, I like his gameplay and his personality. Due to Sonic being a large part of my earlier gaming life I found I prefer fast-paced games to slower ones.

Many purists in the franchise have extremely poor grasp on what makes Sonic good--it's not just speed, it's careful platforming. Many have forgotten about this aspect, and thus every time they demand "MORE SPEED, LESS DISTRACTIONS" we get the rare 2-D stinkers like Sonic Advance 2. Only the Rush series does it right.

I think Sonic's ability to hit and run fits my general smashing strategy, which is why I want to get good with him (as far as maining goes, I want to see who I can pick up first).

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
I like the fact that Nintendo allowing third party characters to be in brawl, and that Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the two or three with Snake is pretty insane. Though finally bringing an end to some of those Mario vs Sonic battles will feel pretty good

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
His amazing ability(if he's played right). Watch the beginning of the 5th Japanese Trailer to see what I'm talking about.
Spindash>Fair>Up-B>Dair. EPIC.

Top Bottom