• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you have your C stick set to with Cloud?

komaul

Smash Rookie
As the title asks I'm curious what other people set their right stick to while playing Cloud.

Rikuthe1st

Smash Rookie
NNID
rikuthe1st@gmail
I play with tilt stick, Cloud really benefits from maximum momentum on his aerials.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
I usually play with Smash just because I'm used to it but sometimes as Cloud I like to go tilt stick, mainly for PP uptilt which is kinda cool :p

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Tilts. Smashes are easy enough; tilting when adrenaline is flowing, not so much.

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
Better than pp up tilt is his amazing dash dance canceling into anything. Up tilt + up air is amazing for juggles, ftilt can kill at high percents, and dtilt starts juggles like up tilt.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I use tilt stick. It's mostly for ongoing momentum, as Rikuthe1st Rikuthe1st pointed out. However, it's also for double-stick buffering a full hop dair/short hop uair to get an autocancel.

I also play Villager with the same controls; his slingshots also benefit from double-stick buffering. In general, though, tilt stick is better than smash stick by a mile and a half because of momentum, pp tilts, etc.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Using tilts also helps punishing things with dtilt when people hit your shield. That and PP utilt and changing directions of utilt to adjust for an opponent's DI is alot easier with c stick set to tilt. Sort of like fox's up tilt.

Top Bottom