• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys think about Kirby Super Star

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Love Super Star Ultra. It's my favorite Kirby game and one of my favorites of all time.

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
Love Kirby SS - Made a perfect port for Virtual Console. Probably one of the first platform games I really ended up enjoying, I think Masahiro was in charge on SS wasn't he? Don't remember but he did a hell of a good job if it was him.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I haven't played much of the remake, but the original is tied for my favorite game (with Chrono Trigger, if you're curious). I swear I've played through it a dozen times, at least. It's actually gonna be one of the first games I introduce to my sis, who never had a chance to experience the SNES as a kid.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
The remake, Ultra, honestly has to be one of the best Kirby games ever. It definitely is my favorite Kirby game to date. I just wish I didn't break my only copy of it. I played it so much in my early years, and it was one of the first co-op games I played with my best friends back in elementary.

And I still remember the day when I finally beat the True Arena, after months of struggling through it. In fact, I'd say the True Arena is what taught me how to be a patient, yet strategical player in such situations, such as boss fights and fighting games.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Super Star's definitely not only my favorite Kirby game, but it's also one of my favorite games of all time, too. The DS remake's even better with modes like Helper to Hero and that one mode where you play as Meta Knight.

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Kirby Super Star Ultra brought something new to the Kirby franchise, so it remains my favorite Kirby game to date. I haven't played it lately, but I'd like to give it a shot on my 3DS when I get the chance. Adding Helpers, The True Arena, and cooperative play allowed this game to separate itself from other games during that time. Also, the boss fights were incredible, (especially the Galactic Knight and Marx) and I found each of them to be unique and were not redundant like bosses were in other Kirby Games. The only other game I find to compare to this one is Return to Dreamland for the Wii, because it had nice graphics and multiplayer gameplay throughout the main story.

Panda Yuki

Smash Rookie
NNID
PandaYuki
Super Star is hands down my favorate Kirby game. It used the different game modes to explore almost every possible genre all on one cartridge, which makes it unique, not just for Kirby, but for games in general.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
After Return to Dreamland, it's favourite entry in the Kirby series. I still wish they brought back some of the cooler copy abilities from that game like Jet Kirby and Yo-yo Kirby.

:231:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Ultra was my first Kirby game and is still my favorite in the series.

USB3.0

Smash Rookie
Probably my favorite. I love playing as Tac in co-op when I can get someone else to be Kirby.

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
i played a bit of SS ultra when i was a kid and i like it even more now. the great cave offensive is one of my favorite parts of the game tbh.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I was always sad that something like GCO never came back. I loved how it was a really open and exploration-centric little thing (for a Kirby game, anyway).

Top Bottom