• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do against Sonic?

sumatchi

Smash Rookie
I was playing a netplay game today and having some really hard times with a guy, but only when he played sonic. I realize that spacies always have a disadvantage against sonic, but what are some things that can work?

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Well first thing you can do is use blaster to control space. IIRC the shot beats out spin dash. Secondly you could turn around and RAR bair on reaction just to space him out.

Or you could CC shine/down smash. But when comboing Sonic, don't go for the super lengthy 10 hit plinkplink energem lazer combo or whatever that is. Stick to two or three hits because after that, most of the time Sonic is using Spring to escape. Also, I find it easier to fight Sonic in the air, but the one thing you have to worry about is when he uses down air to get below you and then you're un the juggle situation.

sumatchi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the info. The recovery sure is hard to deal with if he isn't under the stage though

Top Bottom