• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What do I expect for my first tourney?

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Hello! This Sunday I'm going to a local tourney. To be honest, I feel excited, happy and nervous since I have no idea what to prepare myself for. So I ask you, members of competitive Smash, how I can mentally and physically prepare myself and what to expect from my first Smash bros tournament. Thanks!

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
While I may not have gone to a real life tournament myself, I still think I can help you with this. So, the key of playing at tournaments is to keep calm and have fun. It won't do you any good if you're salty since nobody would like you and/or want to play with you. Once you lose, IF you lose, try to acknowledge how you lost so that you may improve from it in the future. Did I leave myself open a lot? How many opportunities did I miss? Do I really know the MU all that well? Those are the types of questions you should be asking yourself. Now, as for physically? I'd recommend bringing some water. Water does good for the body and the brain, so it's best if you remain hydrated so that your fingers won't get tired or that you can focus more on the battle. Drinking it between matches is a good idea. Bringing your smartphone is optional. I'm only suggesting it because you may or may not want to take a selfie with someone. And I think that's all I can offer you from the top of my head.
But here are some videos worth checking out:
I'm sure you can find even more if you lurk some more on YouTube. Good luck on your tournament!

Top Bottom