• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters do you think will get in even though you don't want them to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Like the title says.

This isn't a hate thread, I just want to see how people's preference differs from how they think it will turn out.

For me that character is Tingle.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't think I don't want anyone, all of them have their reasons for being in Smash.
I guess Jigglypuff has been bothering me since her time between 64 and Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
For me, I see Bowser Jr. as having a pretty high chance. I can't stand him and his extremely annoying voice and potential taunts, so I hope I'm wrong. In reality, Toad deserves to be in before him.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For me, I see Bowser Jr. as having a pretty high chance. I can't stand him and his extremely annoying voice and potential taunts, so I hope I'm wrong. In reality, Toad deserves to be in before him.
Oh yeah......i forgot about Bowser Jr. Thats another character i really don't want to see.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Whatever third party character(s) get in.

There's just no need for them when Nintendo has so many ideal first party candidates.

Otherwise I'm more concerned about characters getting cut from the existing roster.

D

Deleted member

Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac and Shulk.

Not against them but I really don't care for them despite their near shoe-in status. I actually wouldn't mind them all confirmed at E3 this year just so that they're out of the way; although Shulk will probably be a Dojo reveal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aren't anti character threads not allowed?

Regardless, I don't really dislike any characters. I don't really feel anything for Pac-Man though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac and Shulk.

Not against them but I really don't care for them despite their near shoe-in status. I actually wouldn't mind them all confirmed at E3 this year just so that they're out of the way; although Shulk will probably be a Dojo reveal.
Except the topic is about characters you don't want, not characters you're neutral towards. I know for a fact that you deplore the idea of Chrom and Pac-man.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Bowser Jr., Lloyd, Layton... Something about Bayonetta is getting a lot of hype too, I think? I'm not sure what that's about, but I'm not exactly for it that either.

The whole Namco-Bandai argument for certain characters isn't exactly happy to hear, either.

D

Deleted member

Except the topic is about characters you don't want, not characters you're neutral towards. I know for a fact that you deplore the idea of Chrom and Pac-man.
I don't hate the idea of Chrom, just find him to be a bland character and find it really annoying when people treat him as a shoe-in/a necessity. But yeah, I'm strongly against Pac-Man showing up (he's the only one I'm against that I feel has a shot of getting in).

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Pac Man- Doesn't excite me at all. Along with most of the namco characters people name off.
Toad- I don't see the appeal in seeing him as playable.
Mii

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- Dr Mario!!!!! RAAAAR
- A third bland sword using Fire Emblem character (Roy or Chrom).
- Bowser Jr and Paper Mario but thankfully I think their chances are low.
- Mii
- Takamaru unless he has a really cool unique play style and moveset.
- More than one Mother character (Ness or Lucas)

*Some of these are characters who others think will get in more so than what I think.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be fine not seeing Dr.Mario being a separate character again. Just take some of his best stuff and add that to make Mario even better. I honestly couldn't care for any other Fire Emblem characters. Though I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Chrom was playable. I don't really want to see Roy come back either, I feel like he had his chance. Nor do I feel like he would add much that both Marth and Ike have already added to Smash. For third party characters, I don't want to see the likes of Travis Touchdown or Bayonetta. Not that they are bad characters or anything, but I don't think they fit in the game aesthetically, then again I'm not expecting them. For Namco, I just can't get excited for Lloyd Irving in the slightest. I've asked a few times what he can offer moveset wise, and I never got an answer.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Another character I don't want is Duck Hunt Dog. I just can't et excited over a joke character that will only get boring after the first two matches.

I'd be fine not seeing Dr.Mario being a separate character again. Just take some of his best stuff and add that to make Mario even better. I honestly couldn't care for any other Fire Emblem characters. Though I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Chrom was playable. I don't really want to see Roy come back either, I feel like he had his chance. Nor do I feel like he would add much that both Marth and Ike have already added to Smash. For third party characters, I don't want to see the likes of Travis Touchdown or Bayonetta. Not that they are bad characters or anything, but I don't think they fit in the game aesthetically, then again I'm not expecting them. For Namco, I just can't get excited for Lloyd Irving in the slightest. I've asked a few times what he can offer moveset wise, and I never got an answer.
The best place to get some answers is from SSF2 and maybe from cjzero01 on YouTube. (Guy already made some interesting points about Lloyd a while back)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Toad I suppose. Most of the others mentioned here I don't think actually have a chance to begin with. Looking at you, Pac-Man.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Toad, Dr. Mario (as a seperate character,) Waluigi, Mii, Samurai Goroh and Toon Link are the ones I don't want in the game.

Toon Link's spot seems secured, so that's already a lost cause.

Samurai Goroh just seems like a waste of character, his moveset would have to be completely made up, and he'd just steal the spot from a more deserving character. Would more or less be a forced F-Zero rep.

Mii just sounds lame, especially considering that no matter what you Mii looks like it'd have to be the same moveset, unlike in Mario Kart Wii where there was size differences.

Waluigi is just a stupid character in himself... I wouldn't mind him as much as the other characters though, at least he'd be fun to beat up and make "Too bad, Waluigi Time" jokes with.

Dr. Mario is as cloney as it gets, keep him away please. At most make him an alt skin for Mario, should be possible to make his fireballs into pills today.

Toad is the worst though. I don't like Toad in the Mario games, he doesn't have any good moveset potential, he isn't a fighter, and even in the NSMB games he's just the character that the people who are late to the party get to play.

Worst part is that all of these at least have a chance to get in the game, with Mii probably having the least chance.

Add in every 3rd party except for Mega Man on there and that's about it, though I don't believe any 3rd parties besides him has a chance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think I really hate any characters, but if I have to choose;

Pac-Man: Doesn't interest me at all.

Chrom to a tiny extent: Competes with Roy.

Mii: Again, doesn't interest me.

Impa: 'Cause :diddy: :smirk:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id prefer it if mewtwo was never in smash again

same goes for that guy who lives in cardboard boxes

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I'm not a huge fan of any Namco character making it into smash. I'm sorry but none of them really appeal to me. :/

Also not a huge fan of Roy and Dixie Kong.

I wouldn't care much if they did make it in. But I wouldn't care either if they don't.

Oh well, I can imagine this thread turning into flame bait sooner or later...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
id prefer it if mewtwo was never in smash again

same goes for that guy who lives in cardboard boxes
Are you wearing fire retardant pants?

This is relevant.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
-Mii. Their voice burns my soul...

-Pac-Man. We have enough walking mouths.

-Any FE character. It's not that I don't want them in, I just don't care who gets in, as long as they use a sword.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Pac-Man. I kinda want Mokujin in to replace the random button, though. Does the random button count?
@CyanideOxide: LOL at Mii's voice. Mine sounds like a dying walrus.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man. Really don't like Pac-Man.
Lloyd Irving. An error occurred, Please try again.
Shulk. No appeal detected.
Mii. No comment.
Samurai Goroh. Annoying.
Waluigi. Wario is enough, we don't need his sidekick.
Takamaru. No!
Mr. Game & Watch. I was disappointed when he was the last unlockable character in Melee after Mewtwo.
R.O.B. Assistance is no longer needed.
Blue Bomber over Bomber Man.
Ryu. Amazingly boring.
Bayonetta. She would ruin the game.
Rayman. Masked Man, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Bomber Man. Do we really need anymore Man's?
Little Mac. Just a regular boxer and boring character.
Travis Touchdown. This is Super Smash Bros, not football.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmmm...

Bayonetta (ew), Pac-Man (BORING), Impa (cause **** you Diddy), Waddle Dee (we really don't need a 4th Kirby character).

I think that is about it for now.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I thought this was character you think WILL get in.
Oh well, might as well just go with it.

Pac-Man: Please, not a character.
King K Rool: Hes just not an appealing character to me in any way. But he'll probably be there.
Krystal: Furries.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just remeber, don't hate on people who don't like characters you support and if all else fails and the one you hate gets in just set them to NPC on training mode and Falcon Punch them in the vital parts to your heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom