• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character has the most tools?

Zeko

Smash Rookie
So since the game has been out for a while now, what character would you say has the best set of tools in variety to start effectively playing mind games on your opponent any why? I feel that Pit has a good variety and is all around relatively solid in what he does even though I don't play him, but I'm curious to know what others think

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
From the surface, Diddy.

But beyond that, it's tough to say exactly as the potential of characters has yet to be tapped.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
While maybe not having THE most tools, Fox and Pikachu come to mind.

Fox has his shine, a reliable damage-racking projectile (whose only drawback is that it has no hitstun), 2 different moves for recovery and one of which can be useful for different situations, really good tilts and smashes you could link together in different ways, and a lot of speed and power to boot. He has a pretty wide variety of moves to play with.

Pikachu lacks a projectile blocker or counter of any form, but his recovery can also be used for mixups, approaching, and spacing, he has decent throws and a great terrain-hugging projectile, as well as great disjointed hitboxes in several smashes and aerials, and useful tilts as well as having Thunder which has a lot of potential to be used in different ways. Like Fox, he's also pretty agile and can use his moves in different ways.

While they may not have absolutely everything, I think these two have more than enough to work with, and unlike a lot of characters, they hardly have anything not worth using at all.

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
I think :4lucario: got the most tools, I mean he has good damages, a nice recovery, great range, a counter, projectiles, a decent speed, strong knockbacks and he is bulky. Of course he needs to get hit a little but then he becomes a beast.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Without a doubt in my mind, Mega Man. The variety is insane. I feel like Mega Man is just moments away from some game-changing AT with his Crash Bomb or something.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Obviously the Villager has the most tools. Slingshot, shovel, net, bowling ball and so on!
I know this is a joke, but I feel like Villager really does have the most tools in this context. Sending out lloid rockets constantly forces your opponent to do something, which opens up for a ton of mindgames given the fact that you can cover those options appropriately (slingshot if they jump, grab if they shield). Beyond that, planting saplings in preparation for the tree growth hitbox and having trees ready to be chopped limits your opponent's options even further with stage control. Villager has endless offstage tools aswell; covering high recoveries with lloids and slingshot gimps, dropping bowling balls on low or vertical recoveries, or even chopping near unavoidable trees over the ledge if you have enough time to set one up.

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
I'm thinking about Link.
He got a bow, slingshot, Boomerang, Sword, Shield, Bombs.

Top Bottom