• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What changes are we expecting?

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
it seems nintendo seems to be nerfing the higher tier characters. i personally feel sonic is fine. his spin dash gets intereupted by all sorts of projectiles. i think hes a fantastic character but i dont feel hes over powered and feel other characters are just as good if not better than he is. i hope this game doesnt turn into nintendo releasing a patch monthly and changing the balance of this game it will hurt this game in the long run and turn off a lot of compeitive players. do you guys think nintendo is going to change sonic? if so what do you think they will change. i feel any small changes will ruin him. thats just me.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Patch this f*cking D-air lag and the BSBS please ( nah seriously ... the BSBS ... he really take his name seriously ...)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Fixing the Dair lag would just be a buff, which I doubt Sonic will be getting anymore of... We got our Fsmash nerfed (barely, but still) and I still believe the only reason we got cypher grabbing patched is because it effected more characters other than Sonic...

BSBS I believe is completely intentional on their part and will burden us for the rest of our days.

:093:

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
im new to sonic can you tell me what BSBS is? also we had the fsmash nerfed? was that in the last patch. fsmash is still really good. damn if hes already been nerfed i truly hope they leave him alone

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
im new to sonic can you tell me what BSBS is? also we had the fsmash nerfed? was that in the last patch. fsmash is still really good. damn if hes already been nerfed i truly hope they leave him alone
BSBS (Brawl Spring Bull ****) is covered more in our sticked moveset thread, but it's basically this whole mechanic that ****s up the way our double jump is remembered by our spindashes... Causing us to lose our double jump even if we hadn't used it under specific conditions.

It was a very minor change... They added like 2 frames of cooldown. Still a great move. Range on it is as amazing as ever.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
yep i just read about the BSBS. wondered why i had been SDing off stage sometimes. now i know that sucks :(. i wish sonics recovery was slightly better. but his on stage speed and easy ability to rack up damage makes up for it. i didnt even realize they added 2 frames of cooldown to the fsmash. thats kinda a lot. i play sabrewulf in ki and they changed some of his stuff just by 2-4 frames but iw as a huge difference in some of the frame traps i was doing. man nintendo leave the game alone!

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
BSBS (Brawl Spring Bull ****) is covered more in our sticked moveset thread, but it's basically this whole mechanic that ****s up the way our double jump is remembered by our spindashes... Causing us to lose our double jump even if we hadn't used it under specific conditions.

It was a very minor change... They added like 2 frames of cooldown. Still a great move. Range on it is as amazing as ever.

I took the liberty of changing the acronym words a little bit: Brawl Spring Bug Stance. This way we can incorporate "stance" into the abbreviation and just call it simply BSBS, which is exactly what it is. And it adds subtlety to it, making it more passive-agressive.. lol :reverse:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I took the liberty of changing the acronym words a little bit: Brawl Spring Bug Stance. This way we can incorporate "stance" into the abbreviation and just call it simply BSBS, which is exactly what it is. And it adds subtlety to it, making it more passive-agressive.. lol :reverse:
I can support that.

It'll always be bull**** to me though, which is exactly what it is. ;)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think the BSBS is a assest import bug ... They take a lot of assest from brawl and maybe the BSBS is a bug because some Brawl assest (here the double jump count /w SpinDash ) is buggy with Smash 4 engine ?

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought it was going to be with regards to profanity; but, now that you had it going for a bit, I'm just going to refer to it as such unless I know the person I'd be talking to about it won't get offended.

I think the BSBS is a assest import bug ... They take a lot of assest from brawl and maybe the BSBS is a bug because some Brawl assest (here the double jump count /w SpinDash ) is buggy with Smash 4 engine ?
They could have carbon-copied Sonic's data from the previous game and called it a day.

But, no. Instead, we have this. For the better; ultimately, however, this new jump data retention (or lack thereof) is irritating as all Hell and I can only speculate as how they screwed it up this bad.

Like, you have no idea how much I miss ASCSC. I know that it probably wasn't intended for Sonic to be able to land into a shield when few other characters had such access; but, that was that something that was appreciable. This new "I haven't used my 2nd jump but because I used Spin Dash in the Air I'm not allowed to jump-cancel the SDJ" thing is complete horse crap and I sincerely wish it would get patched... except I won't get my hopes up because then that means other things might change, and not necessarily to help Sonic.

Top Bottom