• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What category is WFT in?

Yams

Smash Journeyman
is she a WTF character or a Misc? I like to consider her Misc.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
She also is from a new series. While people did not expect her, she is from one of a handful of new series since Pikmin. If Sakurai did not dismiss the Villager pre-Brawl because he was not "fighting material," people would have guessed Wii Fit Trainer this time around.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I consider anyone who's last starring role/ game in the series was in the NES/SNES/Nintendo 64 (or Game Boy/Virtual Boy/ Game Boy Color) era or earlier (basically everything BEFORE the GameCube or Game Boy Advance) and, of course, doesn't belong to a main series already represented by a character in Smash, a retro character. Examples include Urban Champion, Balloon Fighter, Sukapon, Takamaru, Geno, Lip, Muddy Mole, Prince Sable, Bubbles, Detective Stevenson and Sheriff.

Anybody who's had a game on the GameCube/Wii/Wii U (or GBA/DS/3DS) and isn't a member of an already-represented series in Smash, is in my opinion a miscellaneous character unless another character is added to their series. Examples include Little Mac, Captain Rainbow, Excitebiker (this one's iffy, but there WAS Excite Truck), Andy from Advance Wars, Mii, Saki Amamiya, Shulk, Nintendog, Isaac and Starfy.

Therefore, we can now classify Wii Fit Trainer as a miscellaneous character, as well as a WTF character, as she was an unexpected rep in the game.

SCIENCE!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I definitely see her as the R.O.B and G&W of this game, so I view her as a WTF character. He probably decided to drop the bomb immediately this time around to avoid something along the lines of the R.O.B massacre when Brawl's roster leaked.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Wii Fit Trainer fits in with G&W and ROB. They represent pivotal moments in Nintendo's history in some fashion. G&W which inspired Gameboy and now DS/3DS. Also, I heard it Mr. G&W paid tribute to a Nintendo employee that died in a fatal car crash. ROB, which during the Great Video Game Crash no one wanted home consoles, Nintendo tricked people into thinking ROB is a toy (which it is) that happens to have a game console with it. And Wii Fit Trainer, which represents the most successful years Nintendo has had with their Wii Games line up (Wii Sports, Wii Music, Wii Fit, Wii Party).

Those may not be exact reasons, but it's just interesting to point out what these three characters have in common compared to the other cast of Nintendo characters.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I honestly think that she's a logical character choice for Sakurai (Now that I've looked at the sales of Wii Fit, it's an obvious choice for someone who can easily look at the sales of Nintendo's franchises) that no one thought about before her reveal. So, kind of a mix between a WTF and a logical choice.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Considering how successful Wii Fit is, I wouldn't call her a WTF character. She would be more of a new series like Olimar in Brawl.

Top Bottom