• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can Jiggs crouch under? List WIP

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
So Jigg's crouch has been a very interesting thing in all the Smash games since it would sometimes allow you to completely dodge moves, including some grabs. I was wondering what moves Jigg's crouch could dodge in this game. I don't have a lot of time or people to play with, but this is all I know for now from bot testing. Keep in mind this was done while ALREADY crouching:

*An Important tidbit from TheReflexWonder:
One thing you should be aware of is that after crouching for a little bit (10-15 frames), she starts to bob up and down, and when she comes up some things that you would have dodged will then hit you.
Video from My Smash Corner displaying some examples and utility of crouch:

WFT :4wiifit:
  • Neutral B (All levels of charge)
  • Initial jab
  • Grab
  • FSmash

Fox/Falco :4fox::4falco:
  • Neutral B

ZSS :4zss:
  • Neutral B (All levels of charge)
  • FSmash
  • Side B (Only if you are crouched under the thin part of the whip. You will get hit by the small ending blast, and by the gun if you are too close)
  • Ftilt (Non-angled)
  • Initial Jab
  • Dash Attack (Credit: SyncNatsyu)
  • Grab (Credit:SaladBowl)

Pit/Dark Pit :4pit::4darkpit:
  • Neutral B (Non-angled)

Samus :4samus:
  • Smash Side B (NOT the ending explosion)
  • Neutral B (Uncharged)

Robin :4robinm:
  • Neutral B (Uncharged and full charge. Will dodge projectile of 2nd level, but will get hit by the ending Xplosion)
  • FSmash
  • Utilt (Credit: Jack SH)
  • SideB (Credit: Jack SH) (Will dodge initial fireball, but not ending projectile)

Megaman :4megaman:
  • Side B (Will dodge projectile, but will get hit by explosion if nearby)
  • Jab/Ftilt
  • FSmash (Credit: Salad Bowl) (Uncharged)

ROB :4rob:
  • Neutral B (At all levels, Non-angled)
  • Ftilt (Non-angled)
  • Standing Grab

Mii Gunner :4miigun:
  • First half of FSmash (Machine gun fire, but will get hit by ending blast)
  • Neutral B1 (Uncharged)
  • Ftilt (UNCONFIRMED, may only be the tip of the hitbox)

Diddy :4diddy:
  • Neutral B (Depends on the charge, but crouch will always dodge the bullet when it is at it's apex aka near Diddy)
  • Side B (Only at the apex of the jump)
  • FSmash (Credit: Jack SH)

Link/Toon Link :4link::4tlink:
  • Neutral B (Depends on the charge, but crouch will always dodge the arrow at it's apex aka near Link/TL)
  • Side B (Link only, and only when not angled down.)
  • Link Grab (Seems inconsistent, but I have done it)
  • Nair, Bair, and Fair (Credit: JackSH)

Zelda :4zelda:
  • Down B (Only if you are in contact with the phantom before he swings his sword, so you must be relatively close to the portal. You will take no damage, but be pushed back)
  • Grab
  • FSmash (First half and only when you are right next to Zelda, but will get hit by the ending explosion)

Sheik :4sheik:
  • Neutral B (Grounded)

Ganondorf :4ganondorf:
  • Down B (Credit: ZeroJanitor) (Grounded)
  • Ftilt (Credit: My Smash Corner)
  • Jab (Credit: JackSH)
  • FSmash (Credit: JackSH) (Inconsistent, may have to do with timing)
  • Bair (Credit: JackSH)
  • Uair (Credit: JackSH)
  • Dash Grab (Credit: JackSH)

Marth/Lucina :4marth::4lucina:
  • Neutral B (You will dodge the latter half of the blade, but only at the ending half of the active hitbox)
  • Standing Grab (Credit: SyncNatsyu)

Ike :4myfriends:
  • Initial Jab
  • Standing Grab (Timing is strict. Must crouch right as grab comes out)
  • Ftilt (Non-angled)

DHD :4duckhunt:
  • Down B
  • Side B (Credit: My SmashCorner)

DK :4dk:
  • Utilt (Only if you are in front of DK)
  • Ftilt (When not angled down)

Little Mac :4littlemac:
  • Ftilt (If you are close enough Mac will actually travel past you)
  • Straight FSmash (If you are close enough Mac will actually travel past you)
  • KO Punch (Credit: SyncNatsyu) (You are still affected by wind hitbox, and if you are fast enough you can rest before hitbox comes out (credit to Jack SH) )
  • Neutral B (Credit: My Smash Corner) (May have to time the crouch due to the bounce)
  • Initial Jab (Credit: Jack SH) (Will get hit by second hitbox, but can rest out of muti-jab)
  • Utilt (Credit: Jack SH) (Only if you are in front of Mac)
  • Grab/Dash grab (Credit: Jack SH)

C. Falcon :4falcon:
  • Ftilt (Non-angled)
  • FSmash (Tip of elbow hitbox)
  • DSmash (Foot hitbox)
  • Initial Jab
  • Standing Grab
Rosalina & Luma :rosalina:
  • Neutral B
  • FSmash
  • Ftilt (Credit: My Smash Corner)
Luigi :4luigi:
  • Neutral B (Credit: My Smash Corner)

Peach :4peach:
  • Standing Grab (Credit: My Smash Corner) (Must time the crouch as grab comes out)
  • Jab (Credit: SaladBowl)
  • Utilt (Credit: SaladBowl)

Bowser Jr. :4bowserjr:
  • Neutral B (Credit: My Smash Corner) (Must be timed so you crouch almost right before it hits you)
  • FSmash (Credit: My Smash Corner) (Again, crouch must be timed right before move starts)

Bowser :4bowser:
  • Side B (Credit: My Smash Corner) (Must be timed so you crouch right as claw comes out, and you cannot be too close to Bowser)
King Dedede:4dedede:
  • USmash (Credit: Jack SH) (Must be in front of Dedede)
Ness :4ness:
  • Ftilt (Credit: Jack SH) (Inconsistent, and only possible if angled upwards)
Shulk :4shulk:
  • 1st and 2nd Jab (Credit: Jack SH)
  • Ftilt (Credit: Jack SH) (Only when right next to Shulk's feet)
  • Grab/Dash grab (Credit: Jack SH)
Bots at any level don't seem to know how to grab, so someone else is gonna have to test those. Judging from Zelda's grab though, it seems that taller characters will be unable to grab crouched Jiggs.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can crouch under an awful lot, and it's largely character-dependent. The effect is exacerbated if you're on a slope, too, like the sides of Lylat Cruise.

I wrecked our resident Falcon in the Grand Finals of a tournament a couple days ago largely by crouching under more than half of his attacks.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
You can crouch under an awful lot, and it's largely character-dependent. The effect is exacerbated if you're on a slope, too, like the sides of Lylat Cruise.

I wrecked our resident Falcon in the Grand Finals of a tournament a couple days ago largely by crouching under more than half of his attacks.
Do you remember if you dodged the grab? I can't get the computers to attempt a grab.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I know for a fact she can duck under Wizard's Foot

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
One thing you should be aware of is that after crouching for a little bit (10-15 frames), she starts to bob up and down, and when she comes up some things that you would have dodged will then hit you.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
ZSS: Dash attack
LM: K.O. punch(windbox still pushes you)
Marth/lucina: grab

just from the top of my head.

Anywho's there is a crouch to rest vid showcasing some of the moves jiggs can crouch(mixed in with melee CR since its a comparison vid.) I could've sworn there was a vid that was dedicated to kirby's and/or jigg's crouching but I can't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y30q6kw2qPw
(I'd embed it but I don't know how or if that is limited to certain members)

The Twinkie

Smash Cadet
This makes the ZSS MU easier since she's so easy to get rest crouch punished

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
you can also duck under
peachs jab
peachs utilt
ZSS's grab
Megaman's Fsmash (uncharged)

Last edited:

JackSH

Smash Rookie
I've been playing around with Jiggs's crouch, and I've found that the following can be ducked under. These can all be crouched 100% of the time as far as I'm aware, unless I've put a note by them.

Ganondorf:

Jab
F-tilt
Down B (grounded)
F-Smash (Most of the time, not sure why not always)

His nair is very hard to hit a crouching Jiggs with, and I couldn't get his bair or u-air to connect at all.

Grab works about 50% of the time
Running grab never works

Link:

Neutral B (as long as you space it correctly)
Side B ( Except for a hit box as it leaves Link's hand)
Down B (as long as you space it correctly)

Grab: The further half can't catch Jiggs when she's crouching, but close to him it can
Running Grab: Same as normal grab, though it feel a little more forgiving due to how Link slides forward a bit.

I couldn't get nair, bair or fair to hit at all

All tilts and smashes land 100%

Robin:

Neutral B, all charges
Side B (It hits if it lands of Jiggs, but she can duck under it before it hits the ground)
F Smash (Both swords, all levels of charge)
F-Tilt (sometimes)
U-Tilt

Mario:

Basically everything hits :(
Edit: Bar fire ball, which you can duck under if you space it correctly.

I'll test some more later and post the results

Last edited:

JackSH

Smash Rookie
I've done a bit more testing, and I've found the following to be crouchable:

Little Mac:

Jab (first hit only, the second hit connects. The first jab extends his hitbox over Jiggs so she can rest it, usefully enough. And she can rest out of his multi-jab too.)

U-Tilt (Unless Little Mac is facing away)
F-Tilt

F-Smash (Unless angled down. And Jiggs is hit by the straight forward attack if she isn't close enough)

Neutral B (When fully charged, never seems to hit, regardless of distance. At lesser charge, connects when initiated near to Jiggs)

BONUS EDIT INFO: ducking Little Mac's neutral B doesn't matter, as you can rest it on approach if you're quick enough. Same goes for Charizard's side B

Side B (Can hit when Jigglypuff is crouching or standing, but is a bit easier to dodge when crouching)

Grab
Running grab

King DeDeDe

U-Tilt

U-Smash (Unless DDD is facing away)

Not much at all with DDD, all specials, tilts, smashes, aerials and grabs besides the two above connect :(

Ness

U-Tilt
F-Tilt (though not really, only in rare corner-cases where Ness tilts the attack upwards and is far enough away does it miss where it would hit a standing Puff)

Diddy Kong

Neutral B (Depending on the charge; the less, the higher the arc)

U-Tilt

F-Smash (if Diddy uses it )

Nothing much else unless I'm mistaken D:

Shulk

Jab (The first 2 hits can be ducked under and rested. The third will hit)

F-Tilt (If used when Jiggs is right at Shulk's feet)

U-Smash (Though only when tilted up, so not useful)

Grab
Dash grab

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've been holding on to this for a good while, but I don't mind sharing.

Parentheses afterward explains specifics (reduced range rather than outright avoiding things, etc.).
Underline means you have to be on a slope "below" your opponent (such as the middle of the first Castle Siege transformation). You can be right next to them still, though.

Bowser - F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), Forward-B (grounded range reduced, aerial will not hit), Jab, F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Tilt, B-Air, Standing Grab, Forward-B
Bowser Jr. - U-Tilt, U-Smash, Neutral-B, Jab, F-Tilt, F-Smash (not down-angled), Grab (all kinds)
Captain Falcon - Jab, F-Tilt (not down-angled), F-Smash (not down-angled), D-Smash, U-Air, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, Up-B (grounded), Dash Attack, F-Tilt, Forward-B (if not started at point-blank range)
Charizard – Grab (all kinds)
Dark Pit – Dash Attack (misses up-close), U-Smash, Grab (all kinds), Jab, F-Tilt (range reduced), U-Tilt, Neutral-B
Diddy Kong – U-Tilt, U-Air, Neutral-B, Forward-B, F-Smash, Grabs (range severely reduced), Forward Item Throw
Donkey Kong - F-Tilt (not down-angled), B-Air, Jab, U-Tilt, F-Smash, Standing Grab (range severely reduced), Neutral-B
Dr. Mario - B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), D-Air (SH immediate D-Air will not hit), Jab, F-Tilt (range reduced), F-Smash (range reduced), U-Smash, Grabs (range severely reduced)
Duck Hunt – U-Smash, Forward-B, Down-B, F-Tilt (not down-angled), F-Smash (range reduced), Grabs (range reduced)
Falco - F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Smash, Dash Grab (doesn't grab when close), N-Air, B-Air, Neutral-B, Down-B, Grab (all kinds)
Fox - Jab1, F-Tilt (not down-angled range severely reduced), F-Smash (only hits from far away, always hits sourspot, Dash Grab (doesn't grab when close), B-Air, Neutral-B, Jab multi-hit (only lowest multi-hit hits, final kick misses), Grab (all kinds)
Ganondorf - Jab, F-Tilt, F-Smash (not down-angled), D-Smash, Down-B, Grab (all kinds), Up-B
Greninja - Jab1 (range slightly reduced), Jab2 (range slightly reduced), U-Tilt (range slightly reduced), Jab, F-Tilt, U-Tilt, F-Smash, U-Smash, F-Air, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B (uncharged)
Ike - Jab1, F-Tilt (not down-angled will not hit up close), Grab (all kinds), Jab2, Dash Attack, F-Tilt, Forward-B
Jigglypuff - F-Air (immediate SH F-Air will not hit), B-Air (immediate SH B-Air will not hit), Jab (range reduced), U-Tilt, U-Smash (back will not hit), Grabs (range slightly reduced)
King Dedede - U-Tilt, U-Smash (front side only), Jab, F-Tilt
Kirby - U-Tilt (range slightly reduced), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab1, Jab2, U-Tilt
Link - U-Tilt (range reduced in front), N-Air, F-Air, B-Air, Neutral-B, Forward-B, Up-B (sweetspot never hits from the front), Grab (all kinds), Jab (range severely reduced), F-Tilt (range slightly reduced), U-Tilt, U-Smash (range reduced), Up-B, Z-Air
Little Mac - Jab1, F-Tilt, F-Smash (not down-angled), F-Air, B-Air, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B (Charge Punch and KO Punch), Forward-B (grounded must wait until right before landing to hit), Jab, U-Tilt
Lucario – Jab1 (range slightly reduced), U-Tilt, F-Smash (range slightly reduced), U-Smash, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B (uncharged), Forward-B (grab range severely reduced, aura hits after ~75%)
Lucina - Jab1 (range reduced), U-Tilt, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, N-Air (first hit), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab, F-Tilt (range severely reduced), Up-B
Luigi - U-Smash (front hit only), Up-B (sweetspot will not hit), N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), U-Air, D-Air (SH immediate D-Air will not hit), Jab (range reduced), F-Tilt (not down-angled), F-Smash (not down-angled), U-Smash, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, Forward-B
Mario - U-Smash (front hit only), Neutral-B (when it's not bouncing), N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab, F-Tilt (not down-angled), F-Smash (not down-angled, U-Smash, Grabs (range severely reduced)
Marth - Jab1 (range reduced), U-Tilt, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, N-Air (first hit), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab, F-Tilt (range severely reduced), Up-B
Mega Man - Jab (range severely reduced), F-Tilt (range severely reduced), N-Air (range severely reduced), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), U-Air, Forward-B, Jab, F-Tilt, U-Tilt (only sourspot will hit), N-Air, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B (straight forward angle), Forward Item Throw
Meta Knight - U-Tilt, U-Smash, N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit), B-Air (range severely reduced), Dash Grab (will miss up-close), Grab (all kinds)
Mr. Game and Watch - U-Tilt, U-Smash (back hit), N-Air, F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), U-Air, Forward-B, Grabs (range severely reduced)
Ness - U-Tilt, B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab (range reduced), Forward-B
Olimar - N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Forward-B, U-Smash (range reduced)
Pac-Man - Jab1 (range slightly reduced), U-Tilt, F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab1, Jab2, F-Smash, U-Smash, Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, Up-B (range severely reduced)
Palutena – Dash Attack, U-Tilt, B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Jab, F-Tilt, F-Smash, Grab (all kinds)
Peach - Jab, U-Tilt, U-Smash (sweetspot will not hit), Grab (all kinds), N-Air, B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Forward-B (must hit at max range), U-Smash, Up-B
Pikachu - F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), D-Air (SH immediate D-Air will not hit), Forward-B
Pit - Dash Attack (misses up-close), U-Smash, Grab (all kinds), Jab, F-Tilt (range reduced), U-Tilt
R.O.B. - Jab1, F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Tilt, F-Smash (not down-angled), Grab (all kinds), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), Forward-B (he cannot angle it downward for the first few hits of the attack), Jab, F-Tilt, F-Smash
Robin - U-Tilt, F-Smash, U-Smash, F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), Neutral-B (all charges), Forward-B (will miss up close), F-Tilt, Grab (all kinds), Down-B
Rosalina and Luma - Jab, U-Tilt (Rosalina only), U-Smash (Rosalina only), N-Air, F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (only Luma can hit, and only right before landing), Neutral-B, Forward-B (misses at point-blank range), F-Tilt, U-Tilt, F-Smash, U-Smash, Grab (all kinds)
Samus - Jab1, Dash Attack, F-Tilt (not down-angled), F-Smash (not down-angled), N-Air, F-Air (upper hits whiff), B-Air, U-Air, Forward-B (Power will never hit, Homing will miss if not at a large distance), Grabs (will miss at point-blank range), F-Tilt, F-Smash, Grabs (all kinds), Z-Air
Sheik - Jab1, Jab2 (will miss up-close), F-Tilt (range slightly reduced), U-Tilt (range slightly reduced), N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit, range severely reduced), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (range severely reduced), Neutral-B, Jab, Grab (all kinds)
Shulk - Jab1, Jab2, N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit), Grab (all kinds), F-Tilt, F-Smash
Sonic - F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), Jab, F-Smash (not down-angled), Grabs (range severely reduced)
Toon Link - N-Air (SH immediate N-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, Up-B, Z-Air
Villager – U-Tilt, N-Air (range severely reduced)
Wario - U-Smash, N-Air (can only hit right before landing), F-Air (SH immediate F-Air will not hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), U-Air, D-Air (SH immediate D-Air will not hit), Jab (range slightly reduced), F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Tilt, Grab (all kinds), Up-B
Wii Fit Trainer - Jab1 (front cannot hit), Jab2, F-Tilt, U-Tilt, F-Smash, B-Air (SH immediate B-Air will not hit), Grab (all kinds), Neutral-B, Up-B
Yoshi - U-Tilt, F-Air (SH immediate F-Air cannot hit), B-Air (SH immediate B-Air cannot hit), Jab, F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Smash, N-Air (range severely reduced), Neutral-B (range severely reduced)
Zelda – Jab, Dash Attack, F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Tilt, U-Smash, D-Air (SH immediate D-Air will not hit), Grab (all kinds), Down-B, F-Tilt, F-Smash
Zero Suit Samus - Jab, Dash Attack, F-Tilt (not down-angled), U-Tilt, F-Smash, Standing Grab (must grab at the last 1/3rd of the whip), Dash Grab (will whiff up-close), Neutral-B, F-Tilt, U-Smash, Grab (all kinds) Forward-B Up-B

Last edited:
Top Bottom