• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What buffs would you want?

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
I personally would like these buffs listed below but I will still pocket her regardless.
What I want:
1. Faster startup/decreased cool down on bair to be safe on shield.
2. Faster nair to get out of low % combos.
3. Rest to always star KO enemies. (Should be more rewarding)
4. Rest to kill 10% earlier. (Maybe overkill?)
5. Jab 1 jab reset capabilities. (If it doesn't already)
6. Jab reset at mid %'s to still work.
7. Rollout receives horizontal kb.
8. If uair could jab reset that would be pretty fantastic...

What do you guys think? I think it would be unlikely but it would be amazing imo.

Last edited:

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
My personal wish list:
- Jab to reset at percents where rest will kill
- Fthrow to kill at 140% or so at ledge because being a roll away to punish defensive options isn't threatening once they realize they don't have to drop shield or roll into a rest

Top wish list item we will never get:
- Reduce dthrow's damage by half and make it leave the enemy on the floor like brawl's snake throw, creating extremely dangerous situations for the opponent, specially near the ledge or on a platform where puff can cover all the options better. (Personally like this one a lot because it fits in with the character archetype of being potentially deadly if you can read your opponent well, but since it's completely out of the blue I'll probably never happen.)

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Air Moves:
1. Remove the sourspot on Bair and decreased startup
2. Reduce cooldown of Fair, so 2 Fairs can be perfomed in one SH

Ground Moves:
1. Decreased endlag and increased BKB on DA (Clean and late hit) so it isn't unsafe on hit
2. Make Jab 1 Jab Lock
3. Slightly reduced endlag on her Smashes
4. Decreased Start Up on UTilt and make it so it hits in front of her (Similar to Kirby's UTilt)

Special Moves:
1. Sing can't be countered or blocked by shield

Throws:
1. Make UThrow KO Mario at like 130% on FD

That makes my wish list for buffs and I doubt any of these will ever happen.
If she doesn't get any changes on Thursday, I will still keep her as one of my secondaires

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
- Increased aerial max speed and acceleration. Let us own the air properly.
- Let us be able to run through things like every other character in the game.
- Increased height on jumps. The physics here are simply not fair to Jigglypuff when so many characters get such good vertical recovery.

- Jab1: Lower angle and/or knockback to enable jab locks.
- Jab2: Alter angle to push opponents upwards at earlier percents so many characters can't just mash jab to counter.
- Dash Attack: Increase BKB (slightly decrease KBG to balance) so it's safe on hit. Let it push through characters to end up behind them.
- Uptilt: Add hitbox in front so it can actually hit somewhat.
- Dtilt: Decrease startup.
- Upsmash: Increase knockback and hitbox sizes.
- Downsmash: Decreased startup would be nice.
- Fair: Maybe increase range. Depends on whether aerial speed and accel changes.
- Bair: Same as fair.
- Upair: Increased disjoint and/or larger hitbox for a better fan shape. Lower both its BKB and KBG for better juggling and combos in general, bringing back missed tech situations.
- Dair: Better autocancel window and/or decreased landing lag. They fixed Brawl's dair to Rest by giving the last hit nonzero knockback and there is no reason for it to still have so much lag when every other drill in the game has decent windows.
- Bthrow: Send at lower angle for more advantageous offstage positioning.
- Upthrow: Increase KBG so it actually kills reasonably early (130~150%?).
- Dthrow: Decrease KBG just enough that it can combo into upair or something and/or lead to tech chase followups on platforms.

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
I think a kill throw being Uthrow would be nice at high percents. Rage against jiggly is horrible so being able to get rid of them by a grab would be nice. Of course I would not want a very jank kill throw haha. I agree with most if not all of every one's input.

Relating to the general patch, I really hope we do not get anymore "dthrow into ______" on any characters haha.

Also the fact that rollout has vertical kb is beyond me -_-;

Also a faster jab 1 would be nice.

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
Take out air dodging, add hitsun, rest kills at 0%

Lol nah for real though i'd say her specials need to all be buffed...

Rollout: If you hit someone off stage you die instantly, can't mix up recoveries :/

Pound: Generally really good, long hitbox, maybe increase KBG/Shield Damage

Sing: More/longer active hitboxes

Rest: More hitsun would be nice actually so you don't die from Bowser's F-Smash at 0%. Other than that just a general KBG so it'd kill around 30%~

Puff needs more universal buffs rather than single buffs like increase damage output ie hitstun increased

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Deep down, I guess I want a revenge buff, where literally every character in the game gets reverted back to their original state, and Jigglypuff gets buffs worth everything everyone else received, so it'd be like they never got buffs and Jigglypuff got a ton of them, because everyone else needs to understand how it feels to never be acknowledged and not get any buffs! Let's see how they like it, eh!

Okay, outside of getting revenge, I want increased airspeed so we can weave as well as we did in Melee compared to the rest of the cast, and our old and glorious Melee up throw back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom