• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your opinions about the leaked characters? (SPOILERS INCOMING)

Is the roster great?

• YES!

Votes: 138 47.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 63 21.6%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 91 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Someone hates good characters...? Or maybe you're one of those people salty about Kid Icarus getting more representation?
Annoying in Brawl and yes Kid Icarus is being overrepresented with Dark Pit. By the way you're one to talk about being salty lol

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Bowsur Jr: first i liked him, then 6 Mario reps Would be too much, then he had the Cart witch made up 4 to many Marios.
Shulk : Cool, Uniqe.
Dhd: Cool.
Dark Pit: if he is a clone, Awesome.
Doctor Mario: stupid. I know Clones are Easyier to make but still... So many clones would have been better. Dark Samus, Daisy, Cia, tom nook > Dr.Mario

Ice Climbers: :( Only cut i'm really sad about. Lucas is a shame tho.
Falcondorf: Still Stupid.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
We couldn't get K.Rool, Mewtwo, or Isaac but hey we got Wii Fit Trainer. Clearly that's just as good... right? :crying:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I mean come on now.

No Snake
No Wolf
No ICs
No Lucas
NONE of the big 4 (Mewtwo/Issac/King K. Rool/Ridley)
I have to speak about Mewtwo and Ridley in particular as BOTH were teased HEAVILY. Ridley was teased for over a YEAR. Sakurai is downright COLD for not including him. And for Mewtwo? Sak must have some dementia. He forgot that people raged over Mewtwo not being in Brawl. Moreso, he included Greninja a character than barely has a fraction of the fanbase, and is only liked because his ability/movepool.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I mean come on now.

No Snake
No Wolf
No ICs
No Lucas
NONE of the big 4 (Mewtwo/Issac/King K. Rool/Ridley)
I have to speak about Mewtwo and Ridley in particular as BOTH were teased HEAVILY. Ridley was teased for over a YEAR. Sakurai is downright COLD for not including him. And for Mewtwo? Sak must have some dementia. He forgot that people raged over Mewtwo not being in Brawl. Moreso, he included Greninja a character than barely has a fraction of the fanbase, and is only liked because his ability/movepool.
I hate it and its all Sakurais fault. He literally has killed all of my hype for this game.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I hate it and its all Sakurais fault. He literally has killed all of my hype for this game.
I hate half of the newcomers for this game. I already kinda gave up on it competitively (as every "combo" that was found including Zero's 10 hit Mario combo was actually not a combo AT ALL). But the roster being mediocre killed it. There are a lot of characters that got in that really did not need to be. Dark Pit. Doctor Mario. DHD (I mean Takamaru was a much better choice, we have no samurai in Smash, we have canines though, Fox loool). Rosalina (low requests). Villager (LOL mad shocked that happened. I thought everyone was all about dat Tom Nook). Cloncina (could have been made unique with dual wield Falchion and Lance but NOPE). Pac Man (this character is not known for its Nintendo games, at least Snake was). GRENINJA eww.

And then we still have things like
Brawl Falco still being clone (Melee Falco was nearly an identical clone but played WAYYY different. Brawl Fox/Falco play super campy with tons of lasers, up smash OoS and DACUSes, jab usage, etc).
Toon Link having NO effort put into him. I mean this character could have a gdlk moveset.
FALCONDORF WHY. HYRULE WARRIORS GANONDORF. I MEAN HW WAS PROBS IN PRODUCTION BACK IN 2013!

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm torn. I don't think that overall, this is a good roster. That said, it did give us Pacman, Megaman, all of Bowser's kids with a clever moveset, and the Duck hunt Dog, so it's not irredeemable.

The main problem is that we got piles of rather generic human-shaped fighters this time around, (Hi Wii Fit Mannequins.) There were no heavy fighters, there were no villain leaders, and don't get me started on the neglect that DK and Metroid are feeling, character wise. Then you have traditional Sakurai favoritism, with KI:U getting the lion's share of items and a character with literally enough moves for 3, and a flood of sword-weilding Fire Emblem characters...

The roster feels unbalanced, in a bad way. It wouldn't take much to tip the scales, but it's looking pretty bleak....

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'm torn. I don't think that overall, this is a good roster. That said, it did give us Pacman, Megaman, all of Bowser's kids with a clever moveset, and the Duck hunt Dog, so it's not irredeemable.

The main problem is that we got piles of rather generic human-shaped fighters this time around, (Hi Wii Fit Mannequins.) There were no heavy fighters, there were no villain leaders, and don't get me started on the neglect that DK and Metroid are feeling, character wise. Then you have traditional Sakurai favoritism, with KI:U getting the lion's share of items and a character with literally enough moves for 3, and a flood of sword-weilding Fire Emblem characters...

The roster feels unbalanced, in a bad way. It wouldn't take much to tip the scales, but it's looking pretty bleak....
6 avatar characters made it in bleh.

dduck72

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-2331-8491
Tbh, I'm fine with this roster, but it does have some issues. I'm really happy Mega Man is in, since he's my most wanted character since 64. Pac is nice just so we can have the "Clash of the VG titans battle thing". Villager is good because his franchise is growing rapidly. Mac, Shulk, and Palutena were heavily requested, and I'm happy they're in as well. Duck Hunt is amazing, nuff said. Greninja is probably the best 6th gen Pokemon rep. And Robin is a breath of fresh air from all the generic Fire Emblem characters. Other than that, I'm mixed on everyone else. I think only one new Mario rep should be in, Rosalina or Bowser Jr.. Lucina had more potential than being just a clone. Doc is weird, but I'm not enraged over him. Same goes for Dark Pit. WFT is kinda meh imo. I am a little shocked Ridley, Isaac, or K. Rool didn't make it in, but I can see why. Mewtwo on the other hand should have been in, but I'm not crying over it. All in all, the roster's pretty good. Perfect? No, but really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom