• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your bad habits?

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
I for one never double jump out of a juggle... in fear of me getting knocked off stage with my second jump expended.
I know airdodges are punishable, counter is hard to time when they are beneath you, nair has short range, and that straight lunge doesn't eat up all attacks, but I am too reluctant and would rather get hit then DI and fastfall away (hey at least its filling up my KO meter).

Looking back there are so many times are I could've saved myself by just double jumping out.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides the obvious jumping off stage with Jolt Haymaker, I would always tend to jump, double jump even, which is something I've been trying to avoid. I also remember using Slip Counter or dodging off stage even though I knew full well that it would potentially hurt my chances of recovering.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
i feel like i should dsmash more, but i just dont like to use it. i get punished for it way too much

Deadzombie

Smash Rookie
i feel like i should dsmash more, but i just dont like to use it. i get punished for it way too much
You are probley doing what I'm doing. Just whiffing. I've been charging recently on dsmash and im actually catching rolls alot better.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I throw out too many counters if I'm overwhelmed, and I dash/dash attack too much if I'm significantly behind. I also throw out too many random and predictable ftilts =/.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have another bad habit. Performing Slip Counter midair when I'm close to and facing the edge and suddenly dashed off stage a little too far and killing myself.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
I usually tend to forget that Little Mac can wall jump on certain stages to help recover. I tend to throw out counters a bit too much when I'm in the air to sometimes get punished really hard or the counter sends me off-stage, too far to recover

Ipskies

Smash Rookie
I almost always down B right before I land as a means to counter any further juggling, but I end up being juggled anyway due to the end lag :/

I tend not to mix up my combos in general, which gives a pretty solid advantage to strong players after a few lives.

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
Given a perfect opportunity to land my KO Punch, I short-hop and then pull out the Punch. I dont know how many matches I've lost thinking that since Falcon and Warlock Punches are stronger in the air, the KO Punch must be stronger there too.

MarkedRaptor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0881-8840
Switch FC
SW-4669-5955-8279
I have a habit of conforming to the person I am fighting. If I begin winning then I slowly start trying less, and then in the middle of a match have to force myself to exceed him. This was because my relatives and friends weren't very good so I grew up sandbagging. This can hurt me now though, so I try to keep trying my hardest so it doesn't occur.

As far as Little Mac issues, habits from fighting previous people. I might throw out too many smash attacks this match, because my opponent was caught off guard from them last time. I might block too much causing me to get grabbed, because previously the other person threw out a bunch of hitboxes. For example I lost to a Captain Falcon who was hyper aggressive, but he never grabbed. I assumed he was going to and I got trounced the first match. I'm glad he stayed because I could make the proper adjustments the next two matches and two stock him.

The two simple ones are the cheese and incorrect inputs,.it's SO easy to cheese edge spike Little Mac at low percentages or kill him with a smash attack. It's funny cuz in any other fighting game I don't miss inputs but Smash bros has so many different commands/directions/change of directions I find myself tripping on my own fingers sometimes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I can't reasonably say "playing Little Mac," can I?

I tend to reflexively (heh) finish out combos with the most damaging ender. That sends me offstage with a Forward-B more times than I feel okay admitting.

I misjudge potential edgeguard situations here and there; it can be pretty embarassing to whiff an aerial offstage, get B-Air'd at 20%, and die for my trouble.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1

I tend to reflexively (heh) finish out combos with the most damaging ender. That sends me offstage with a Forward-B more times than I feel okay admitting.

I misjudge potential edgeguard situations here and there; it can be pretty embarassing to whiff an aerial offstage, get B-Air'd at 20%, and die for my trouble.
but i think we should keep going for it. practice makes perfect.

MarkedRaptor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0881-8840
Switch FC
SW-4669-5955-8279

Wonder if that means we should fly with our opponent and b-air them while jumping towards the platform.

Or you know, bait an air dodge and side-B while shouting "MLG"

Top Bottom