• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you practicing with 20XX 4.06?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
After watching Achilles' video on some of the new features in 20XX it seems like you can set up a large number of things to drill.
So I am wondering what you have found and what are your go-to, new options

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I have yet to come up with training scenarios to set up with the save stae/replay functions, but I think this is relevant anyway.
I like to put a fast faller CPU to stay and fixed DI (none or survival) fix it's percent to 80 or so and save state on one end of Long Destination (3rd page of stages). Makes for some really long combo strings or just repeating doing the same over and over.
For example Ftilt Ccaptain Falcon and Rising Weak Bair -> FF Ac -> Ftilt over and over is really fun.

Likewise set a fast faller to fixed percent at 20 or so (when upsmash knocks over) on Homerun contest (somehwere in the middle) and then just techchase indefinatly. (you obviosly want random DI here).

Etrian

Smash Rookie
For exclusively 4.06 I experimented a bit with replays/savestates. Mostly for very specific training, like falco downsmashing you for amsah tech training. I also used the random hold last option of replays to train reactions on various timing dependant punishes, like a save state for punishing differently spaced fox dash attaks with usmash oos, or one for punishing peach up b to ledge while floating for a random amount of time below the stage. Its pretty fan messing with the replay system.

Top Bottom