• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you looking for in Peach?

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
As I devoted Peach user in both Melee and Brawl, she is who I will always look forward to trying out the most during any new Smash title.

So what things do you want to see for Peach this time around?

For me, personally, I'm hoping they put as much time into Peach's animations as they did in Brawl. I remember reading something Sakurai said about Peach being the most time-consuming to develop the model for just because of all the little details they put into her character. I love how cutesy and feminine they made her in Brawl. Her skipping animation is the best.

As for more technical things, I would of course like more of the Melee Peach back. I never really realized how totally different Peach played in Brawl until after years of playing only Brawl I went back for a few rounds of Melee, and man is she better!

I want her turnips to bounce off shields again. And it would be cool if she plucked a massive turnip like in SMB2, one that wouldn't be as powerful/rare as stitch-face but better than dotty-eyes.
The lag after she lands from her parasol in Brawl I would like to be decreased because that is detrimental.
I don't expect her D-smash to be as godly as Melee, but to have characteristics of an actual smash attack would be great (Brawl's had its uses but was mostly crap)
As long as they keep her great vertical parasol range from Brawl, I don't mind if her second jump remains short. I found the short second jump good for setting up attacks, though float cancelling the second jump in Melee was just as easy.

In addition a new move somewhere would be cool, perhaps something that involved Perry. I love her Brawl U-tilt and I'm happy they kept it.

What about other Peach fans? What do you want to see in Peach for Sm4sh?

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Improvement in the shape of her dress. They seem to shape it oddly in-game, most notable in the Rosalina/ Mario and Peach pic. It looks correct in her artwork render though. New animations. Like her grabbing/lifting her skirt to run, but it probably be tricky to animate correctly. I also will like them to get rid of her skipping, it's just too childish.

A not so crappy Air Dodge this time, at least make it average.
Her D-smash could us more range, I believe it was reduced a little from Melee.
As for speed, agility and float, it will be interesting to see, weather 3D World have any influences on Peach.
I'll trade less float time for more agility, less lag and combo potential.

Last edited:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Improvement in the shape of her dress. They seem to shape it oddly in-game, most notable in the Rosalina/ Mario and Peach pic. It looks correct in her artwork render. New animations. Like her grabbing/lifting her skirt to run, but it probably be tricky to animate correctly. I also will like them to get rid of her skipping, it's just too childish.

A not so crappy Air Dodge this time, at least make it average.
Her D-smash could us more range, I believe it was reduced a little from Melee.
As for speed, agility and float, it will be interesting to see, weather 3D World have any influences on Peach.
I'll trade less float time for more agility, less lag and combo potential.
It would be awesome for her to lift her dress a little as she ran. But unlike you I am quite a fan of the childish skipping animation. I love how cheeky Peach is in Smash and her prancing just adds to that.

As for your other things, I agree. I believe her Air Dodge had the least frames out of all the Brawl characters? Her D-smash definitely needs improvement. You remember correctly because it wasn't something to be f*cked with in Melee. It was a beast.

The notion of increasing float speed for less float time is interesting. I would have to toy around with the two mechanics one after another to see if it is a trade-off I personally would prescribe to. While the speed of her float is quite slow I feel its use is better suited toward longer duration because it enables for better combos and juggling and such. But to each his own.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I'd love if Peach Bomber could bounce off walls again, if there's one thing I miss from Melee, it would be that.

Also, it would be nice if they made her Forward-Smash a bit more like its Project M counterpart, in that it follows a set pattern instead of going in a random rotation.

Oh, and this is just me being wishy-washy, it would also be nice if they somehow gave an indication as to what type of Turnip Peach is about to pluck, mayhaps an icon below/above her or something that could give even a small hint. I feel that this, along with the above suggestion involving her Forward-Smash, would make her an overall more consistent character to play. Not to say that randomness is always bad, but I feel that she has just a bit too much of it in her Moveset.

In terms of aesthetics, I say the more hearts the better. =D

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I'm pretty sure this is just called holding it and looking at it... :p
*Claps slowly.*

Jesting aside, I meant an icon that appears above her head before she plucks the Turnip to give an indication as to what Turnip she'll pluck next. E,G, at the start of the battle an icon will flash above her head to show that she'll pick up a Smiling Turnip and after plucking it, the icon will then change to show what she will pick up next, in this case, a StitchFace Turnip.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Do you really think an icon such as this would be beneficial for Peach ? I think it could actually be detrimental to her game, since the opponent would also see what kind of thing she would pull from the ground and you wouldn't be able to take them by surprise. But that's only my opinion, I'm quite fond of some of Peach's random aspects. ^^

Personally, I wish she had a true double jump. The first thing I noticed pre-brawl release was her almost nonexistent double jump, and I was really crestfallen at this. I guess her down smash was over powered in Melee, but there's a fine line between overpowered and crappy. Also, please give her a little more kill power please. *shot*

It's ridiculous how she can actually kill people but how hard it is to hit the sweetspot correctly. Other than that I love her up-tilt and I wish her Peach Bomber would bounce off the wall, it was fun trying to come back thanks to it.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Do you really think an icon such as this would be beneficial for Peach ? I think it could actually be detrimental to her game, since the opponent would also see what kind of thing she would pull from the ground and you wouldn't be able to take them by surprise. But that's only my opinion, I'm quite fond of some of Peach's random aspects. ^^

Personally, I wish she had a true double jump. The first thing I noticed pre-brawl release was her almost nonexistent double jump, and I was really crestfallen at this. I guess her down smash was over powered in Melee, but there's a fine line between overpowered and crappy. Also, please give her a little more kill power please. *shot*

It's ridiculous how she can actually kill people but how hard it is to hit the sweetspot correctly. Other than that I love her up-tilt and I wish her Peach Bomber would bounce off the wall, it was fun trying to come back thanks to it.
Hmm... You may have a point. I suppose that it just comes down to preference. I would like Peach to be a little less random, since I feel that it does hurt her game-play a bit, but I do realize that the element of surprise can sometimes be just as effective as constancy and foresight. :)

The thing is, after playing Project M after a long time of playing Brawl, I must say that her Double Jump in Brawl feels a tad more useful than its Melee/Project M counterpart. The reason is that it makes Float Canceling a bit easier, and I feel that it augments her Edge-guarding game a bit. Eh, mayhaps I'm just missing something when it comes to her Melee Double Jump verses her Brawl one. If it isn't too much trouble, could you enlighten me as to why the Melee/Project M variant is considered superior? The only thing that I can think of it doing would be making her recovery better, but surely that's not all, considering that her recovery is already fairly good. :I

I do agree that she needs a bit more killing power. After playing some Project M Peach, all I can say about Brawl is Give Me Back My Melee Down-Smash NOW! XD

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It would be awesome for her to lift her dress a little as she ran.
they should give her the animations from super mario 3d world with her holding her dress and then when she dashes her arms fly behind her looking ridiculus

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I am also an avid Peach user, (and new to the boards, Hi! :happysheep:) And I hope that Peach gets more, detail in her design. As you have said, put Perry as her recovery as appose to a random parasol. And maybe have one of her taunts involve a cake? Since she likes to bake them...:grin: I think Peach's randomness is apart of why I like her so much, I seem to like to play as the more obscure characters..(Peach, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Diddy Kong)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I am also an avid Peach user, (and new to the boards, Hi! :happysheep:) And I hope that Peach gets more, detail in her design. As you have said, put Perry as her recovery as appose to a random parasol. And maybe have one of her taunts involve a cake? Since she likes to bake them...:grin: I think Peach's randomness is apart of why I like her so much, I seem to like to play as the more obscure characters..(Peach, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Diddy Kong)
she's already got the standard parasol which you can seee in one of rosalina's pic

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hmm... You may have a point. I suppose that it just comes down to preference. I would like Peach to be a little less random, since I feel that it does hurt her game-play a bit, but I do realize that the element of surprise can sometimes be just as effective as constancy and foresight. :)

The thing is, after playing Project M after a long time of playing Brawl, I must say that her Double Jump in Brawl feels a tad more useful than its Melee/Project M counterpart. The reason is that it makes Float Canceling a bit easier, and I feel that it augments her Edge-guarding game a bit. Eh, mayhaps I'm just missing something when it comes to her Melee Double Jump verses her Brawl one. If it isn't too much trouble, could you enlighten me as to why the Melee/Project M variant is considered superior? The only thing that I can think of it doing would be making her recovery better, but surely that's not all, considering that her recovery is already fairly good. :I

I do agree that she needs a bit more killing power. After playing some Project M Peach, all I can say about Brawl is Give Me Back My Melee Down-Smash NOW! XD
I think her Melee double jump is considered superior because it gives her more opportunities to mix up her recovery (which is already quite good, what with Toad, her float, her parasol, etc...) not to mention that since it gives her more height, I feel she sometimes has more opportunities to combo if she follows with her good double jump. Besides, you can cancel it with an attack so if you don't want to go very high you still have that opportunity. I never truly considered how her double jump from brawl would help her float canceling game though. I usually float cancel with my first jump, so maybe there's something I need to explore there. ^^

Less randomness with her side smash would be cool actually. I usually get what I want, but sometimes I get so screwed. XD It's just so situational.

And I agree, bring back the Crouch Canceller Destroyer. XD

-

Welcome Xavier !

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Oh, agreed. I actually love her cute skipping animation; it really suits her.
I really would like her Turnip physics from Melee/Project M to come back, as well as her killer D-Smash. Granted, Peach's nerfs in Brawl weren't nearly as bad as Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon, but the D-Smash nerf was way too drastic. At least she was still pretty useful.
I'd also love for her higher double jump to return as well. I don't get why that was nerfed in Brawl. I mean, one of Peach's point is to have a spectacular recovery, so the double jump nerf didn't make much sense to me.
All in all, I really hope she's closer to her Melee/Project M self in SSB4, since in Melee, I was killer with Peach.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I want two things, for her to have a double jump and regain her title as the owner of the game's best down smash.

Top Bottom