• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the main applications of the Header?

TheElusiveHobo

Smash Rookie
I'm very inexperienced, so there's probably an easy answer for this, but how, other than for the occasional Meteor Smash, is the Header intended to be used? Its angle seems like it would make it a lot less useful that most projectile attacks.

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
It can cover your recovery well. It can also just generally get in the way of your opponent. The fact that you jump before it can be useful for dodging a projectile and then shooting the header at them. It's not the best move out there, but it's situationaly useful

madworlder

Smash Apprentice
There's loads of ways to use Header, I use it more than her other specials. Try jumping off the stage and throwing header close to the ground so they have to jump to avoid it. You could also throw an uncharged Sun Salutation, then throw a horizontal header if they try to jump it or a diagonal header if they try to roll or shield. Eventually you could shield-cancel it to bait a reaction.

Niala

Smash Ace
It's an extra jump off stage, one which also acts as an attack that covers your recovery.
It's a zoning attack.
It's a pretty quick offstage spike, if you can land it.
It's a very high damage combo piece from her early f-tilt and mid-damage u-tilt, and sometimes her n-air.

Keep in mind you can actually use it early OR late, and both have benefits. Honestly, just practice using it in different situations and see how you like it.

Top Bottom