• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the best deals you have gotten for games?

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah guys! I bet there's been a time in your life where you have gotten an incredible deal on a game! Or even games!

I remember when I had pawned my PS2 so that I was able to go on a trip on such short notice. And later on I had no Playstation or Playstation 2 to play games on, especially games that I had picked up for the Playstation and/or Playstation 2. So I had asked a friend if I could borrow his PS1 so that I could play Mega Man X6. And he did'nt mind so he let me borrow it. And he had forgotten that he left his Castlevania: SotN in the PS so it was in my possesion at the time. After I had finished MMX6, I tried SotN, since I had only heard about it, but it did'nt seem too interesting for whatever reason. But I ended up putting it in the PS1 and turning it on, and I remember just messing around in it, but after a while, I kinda just started playing it and I really liked it. So I was like "Wow, this game is sweet, I gotta have it" So I check up on EBay, looking for copies, and to my surprise, I had found out that it was a rare title, even more rare was the non-greatest hits version, which was the version my friend had, which was the same one I was playing at the time. I was simply amazed that the game was easily reaching 80 plus dollars for the original black border version, and 50 plus for the GH version.

So there was no way I was going to spend that much on a PS1 game. So I decide to try the local EB's, pawn shops, flee markets, etc. etc. Not one place in the entire city had the game. I was getting irritated. SotN was really a rare find outside of Ebay. Eventually, I gave up and decided to just bite the bullet and eventually pick up a copy on Ebay later on. So after a while, my friend was asking for the PS1 back and Castlevania as well, since he needed to have surgery and he was selling all of his old systems so that he would be able to pay for it. I told him that I would take SotN off his hands, and he told me that I could just have it. I was totally siked! All of my hard worked eventually paid off so I did'nt have to pay a dime for this rare game.

Anyways, what are some awesome deals on games that people on this board have gotten on games? Let's hear them!

xTOXNx

Smash Apprentice
Not really a game but i bought a used wavebird off my freind for 5$ he dident like it just because the analog stick rubbe rripped off.

The Bino

Smash Lord
FF7 - Free... my brother bought FF7 for his son when it 1st came out and he played it for like 2 hrs. didn't like the battle set up and i was right there and i was playing it like crazy, my nephew looked at me and told me to take it... i was excited to take such a masterpiece of a game home to play for hours and hours at a time

Goldeneye - Never owned the game but i was constantly going to my brothers house to babysit and i would always play the game.... got so good at the game that i was very seldom beaten by anyone.... my brother saw i was hooked on it and just gave it to me...

man getting 2 of the greatest games in the N64 and PS1 generation for free is a lucky thing at that

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
When I got my cube I got some great deals:

Windwaker: $5.99
Metroid Prime: $7.99
Resident Evil: $15
Starfox Adventures: $11.99

Smash and Double Dash were the only games I couldnt find under $28.99 anywhere

Specialized

Smash Rookie
Let's see here, FF7 fpr 15 bucks, and FF8 for free along with a guide book in excellent condition which was also free. Love those two games a lot.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory at Rogers for $20.
A used Nintendo DS (including a charger): $50.
Timesplitters Future Perfect: $20.
James Bond: Agent Under Fire: Free! Got it from my friend!

That is all.

Vokuhila

Smash Cadet
This local movie store sells Original NES games in the box with instructions for 3 bucks. They don't price by how rare the title is either. I've bought at least 30+ games from there at only 3 bucks each. Same with SNES games, but they mostly only have sports games now.

I have some sweet ones from there too. The game Uncharted Waters is sweet and that goes for a pretty penny on ebay. Um, there are some other sweet relics there as well. My friend actually got Kid Icarus from there for 3 bucks too.

Oh, and just recently I got wind from a lady who works there that there were games that they didn't have out because they couldn't find a box for them. When she let me look through the SNES games I found Lemmings 2, which is alright, but most importantly I got Earthbound for 3 dollars. That was an excellent find, no doubt.

I also got Duck Hunt for .99 cents from a Game Stop in Festus, Missouri (right near St. Louis) when I was visiting once. It's that game alone on the cartridge. Pretty sweet.

Other than the local movie shop, the flea market has some great deals on old school games.

I got a lot of my Gamecube and Ps2 games for cheap at Game Crazy. Many of them for $10 or under. Sweet deals.

If I think of anything else, then I'll be sure to post. :D

What about the rest of you?

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...

Golden Eye (N64) for $6
Ocarina of Time (N64) for $20
Jet Force Gemini (N64) for $7 - Best N64 game in history
Metroid Prime (GCN) for free ( Well I had to jump into a stagnant pond behind my local YMCA, but it was worth it :p)

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3, Garfield, and Sonic and Knuckles, Yoshi's Safari and LoZ:LttP.

Boy fleamarkets are wonderful. I was just given these games because I was playing a gameboy and the person saw that "I like videogames"

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I also remember buying all SNES Mega Man X titles and Mega Man 7 for 10 dollars each. Not to mention each game was complete.

Good times, good times!

F8X

Smash Ace
I just got the best deal of my life 2 weeks ago.

• One Xbox 360 (Priemium)
  • Gears of War
  • Rainbow 6
  • Plug and Play
  • 2 extra controllers (ontop of the one that came with the system)

all this for $450
2nd favorite deal... a nes (1995-7(Not sure when) with 15 games for free (with gun games (Hogans alley FTW)

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
My younger brother was disappointed in not getting a 360 for Christmas. So with my money I offered to donate 100 dollars if he donated 100, also. Now 200 dollars wasn't going to get the system. However our father also wanted the 360 (He was getting into one of those Middle Aged Stages where he wants to play games like my other friends' dads to feel as if he's impressing someone. It's cute to see him do such a thing, but he's actually turning into quite a gamer. He was addicted to Call of Duty whence I recommended it to him.) because of it's technology. He tipped in an extra 250 dollars to get the 360, two more controllers, controller CHARGERS, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

I wasn't really impressed with RSV, but apparently my father and my brother were. I was chipping in some cash for my brother anywho, so what the hay.

I thought that was my best deal.

That and buying Madden 04 for 2 bucks.

chronofreak

Smash Apprentice
I'll tell you my worst deal. Many many years ago my mom sold my SEGA Genesis console, two controlers, and twenty games for $30.00 at our garage sale. The just the console by itself was going to be sold for $30.00. (Remember, this was a long time ago...) But what really hurt was I had changed my mind about selling everything while I was out riding my bike collecting garage sale signs, but when I came back it was gone.

Top Bottom