• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some good punishes for Toon Link?

Incronaut

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble against people roll behind me. My usual go-to punish is up+b out of shield, but sometimes they're too far. Short hop bair is hard to connect, but maybe I'm doing it wrong?

If there's other good punishes that do not involve rolls (like other general things TL can do) please feel free to comment! I want to start a decent discussion hopefully on TL's punish game.

I also catch a lot of people rolling away from me with my boomerang :)

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really amazing or good at the game but, if I see someone rolling towards me (Which I've found that rolling towards someone is a bad idea in general) I just grab them.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Something I've noticed since the start of this game and the no return of iBomb is that people are going to love getting behind Toon Link when he is landing. Landing options have become a lot more limited this time which was not was we wanted at all. It was always one of our biggest problems. iBomb cured that problem in brawl. But in this game if someone gets behind your back when you're landing, you are extremely limited. Especially because Bair is so laggy and slow now. The best thing to do is just land as far as possible from opponents and throw boomerangs. Try to always face in front of the opponent when landing and use zair at every landing chance you get.

When on the ground and people have an extreme habbit for rolling behind you. The best thing to do is bait them in to that option and prepare to punish it. If you expect it you are going to be a lot more prepared to punish it. Toon Link always had a beautiful game for punishing rolls with up-smash KO's. Up-tilt and grounded Up-B are options if people roll that often.

Top Bottom