• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Peach's Best and Worst stages to play on?

BoAA

Smash Rookie
NNID
stevengomoo
3DS FC
4682-8769-2945
What are Peach's Best and Worst stages to play on? I know that it varies depending on who you're fighting up against but I'm just curious as to what everyone else commonly picks in general and what they tend to avoid and why. Before customs I used to avidly avoid battlefield and halberd but now I'm starting to like them. Sorry if this topic was already discussed. Also, what's a good stage to pick against Yoshi specifically?

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Whenever its legal I pretty much always go Congo Jungle, though thats probably more of a personal taste. Though its harder to kill off the top, and there are more recovery options available because of barrels making it pretty hard to kill peach there. Also a lot of people aren't quite used to the dip on the main stage, so you may have an easier time landing a stray Fair for the kill.

Duck Hunt is pretty good I feel. There's a lot of space to move around and trees to escape to if you're pressured on the ground. Also when you're up there you can try to cheese someone out with the parasol if they mis-space an aerial.

Though I seldom go on other stages besides Smashville, FD and Battlefield. I tend to ban Lylat, though I'm not sure if its as bad as I think it is for peach. Also I tend to ban halberd. The ceiling is super low there, and most of the higher tier characters don't really have a problem killing off the top, though peach can also try to get a cheesy parasol kill.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
In a custom enviroment stages with a semi-soft main platform can be used to platform cancel the Flying Bomber, wich results in an attack that can be pretty hard to stop, no matter if used of recovering, for sharking or to flip the stage control when cornered to the ledge.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
:4peach: doesn't like lylat like at all, fd is probably her best starter. that and sv are good. t&c works fine. i hate battlefield honestly but it's actually fine.

Last edited:

CEtro569

Smash Rookie
Any stage that has moving curves is generally bad for Peach, this includes Lylat and Pilotwings (if these are legal), because the sudden turns can really screw with floats. Battlefield works well because the platforms make for excellent uair chases that can eventually lead into a parasol kill off the top. Stages with low ceilings aren't very beneficial to her though, as she dies off the top pretty quickly, Halberd's ceiling is ridiculously low. SV and FD are pretty neutral, TaC is a very good Peach stage because of all the platforms.

TLDR; Save your bans for rotating stages and low ceilings.

Last edited:

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
I would say FD is the worst. Peach can be zoned by projectiles pretty hard making approaching impossible and, because she has the second slowest falling speed, she has a difficult time coming down without platforms. As mentioned earlier, platforms are good for tech chases. Battlefield is always a good choice.

Top Bottom