• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are KIrbys best combos?

Jeebis

Smash Rookie
I have no idea how to combo beside basic combos and stuff like air strings,which I still struggle with.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
There's always grab > f-throw > quickfall f-air. You can combine that with d-tilt, or another grab.

I'm not able to completely make this character bloom because of the 3DS controls, so the best way to know is to play the Wii U version, unless you hacked your 3DS into playing with a gamecube controller.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
D-Air > U-Tilt > U-Air is probably my favorite, as you have so much options after that. U-Air strings after that combo are godly.

Slonk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-2289-0078
At low damage, I like to down air > u-tilt > up-smash, and then intercept them in the air with a final cutter.
My favourite is Asdioh's f-air combo on heavy characters though. Basically just keep shorthopping and f-airing them until they're off the stage, and then just fly out with them and continue to spam f-air. Then just fly back to the stage while they die!

I highly recommend you check out his video on it.

Side note: I find combos now are very dependent on your ability to follow DI and predict dodges (I've pretty much come from Smash 64 to Smash 4, so I struggle with that a lot). As a result cookie-cutter combo sequences quite rarely work in my experience- you really just have to roll with it and take whatever opportunity comes.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
There practically aren't any follow up combos unless it's from either a dair or utilt. With Kirby you should focus more on reading where the opponent might be and trying to keep them in the air. If you have trouble following up with any of your air attacks try using nair since it stays out so long and it helps especially if someone tries to airdodge, it also has a decent amount of priority over other air attacks.

Last edited:

Ezer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-2762-3366
D-Air, Grab, D-Throw then try to read for a Side-B

Slonk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-2289-0078
Side-B? Goodness me, that's ambitious.

That said, I actually have had decent success hammering people in the air when they're trying to gimp me. Not really a combo but interesting nonetheless.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
Sometimes its not too difficult to hammer folks if they're coming in from the edge (from above or if you cant get over them in time). You can really make them skittish if you jump around with the hammer, or do hammer dancing as well. Although, if they're coming from below, you're better off getting them with Kirbys godly Dair for a easy kill. I have immense success spiking people with Dair online.

Last edited:

Mr.CreamCakes

Smash Cadet
nair>utilt>Fsmash
Nair>utilt>utilt>uair>uair>nair
Nair>grab>fthrow>fastfall>fair>dtilt>fsmash
Nair>grab>dthrow
utilt>utilt>Utilt(some characters)>uair>uair>nair
dair>grab>fthrow>fastfall>fair
dair>utilt>utilt>utilt(some characters)>uair>uair>nair
dair>utilt>utilt>Usmash (not sure about this one)

Last edited:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
Sometimes its not too difficult to hammer folks if they're coming in from the edge (from above or if you cant get over them in time). You can really make them skittish if you jump around with the hammer, or do hammer dancing as well. Although, if they're coming from below, you're better off getting them with Kirbys godly Dair for a easy kill. I have immense success spiking people with Dair online.
People don't realize that the hammer fully charged attacks in an arc. I've killed a player who was edge hogging from it (he wasn't very good, but its nice to know that strategy can work). Hammer definitely gets people scared and its amazing against counter spammers. If they are above you and the character has a counter, usually people will get scared and use it. Bait this out and get the kill.

also the attack has super armor during a specific time? I had an ike counter my fully charged hammer and I didn't flinch or die. I think I took all of the damage but I can't remember.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I love killing with the fully charged hammer when people are holding onto the ledge. They usually don't expect it.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Good combo ideas in this thread.

I agree with GmFzzTgr, so many people don't expect fully charged hammer when they are holding onto the stage.

Uffe

Smash Hero
At reasonable amount of percent on your opponent, say about 50%, use u-tilt > SH/FH > dair > jump + dair. Assuming you don't end up jumping on them instead, this does work. The jump plus dair means to input the jump and down air at the same time.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Roll to the end of the stage and wait for the opponent to come near to try and swallow and spit them under the stage.

I wish I faced better Kirby players on FG lol.

Top Bottom