• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are everyone's favorite kill setups?

MiloniVanili

Smash Apprentice
A common question for new sheik players is how to actually kill, so lets share some kill setups here for these people.

Some of my personal favorites are the frame traps for air dodge happy people which include down throw > up B, back throw > up smash. Or ledge trumping them then getting back on the stage and down smashing when they try to get back on. What about everyone else?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
A very solid set up I saw False using in a set but haven't tried myself yet, was to bait an air dodge with the Bouncing Fish offstage just to end the move right in front of the opponent and Fair him.... it was killing at like 120% or maybe even less, I'm not sure now.
His opponent got the bait (and the fair) every single time, but if your opponent do not get the bait, you can just mix up the Bouncing Fish baits with actual Bouncing Fish hits offstage and everything will be fine, I guess....

keikashi12

Smash Cadet
NNID
keikashi12
I like to use needles to bouncing fish. I usually use it around 100-110% don't know if it's necessarily reliable but I catch players with it all the time.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
i find back throw - b reversed bouncing fish to be a good kill set up, it's a good mix up. whenever i get the opportunity to land a continuous fair string to the blast zone, i try to get it.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I really like Jab, Jab>Tipper D-Tilt> DJ U-Air. D-Throw>Vanish is really satisfying(and better yet, disrespectful) to get off an airdodge read. Going way deep for Air Needles>Bouncing Fish is good if you get it, but it's kinda hard to get the needles to hit.

Of course, the best is to just edgegaurd like only Sheik can. You know, setting up home on the ledge, B-Airs, B-Reversed Needles, BF off the side of the stage, wallclings>wallhop F-Airs, or even footstools. And with Sheik being Sheik, that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to her edgegaurding options.

EDIT: Oh, and for DK's windy Up-B, two U-Airs will kill him at like, 60% thanks to a vertical windbox.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Not sure if you're asking people for their favourite kill setups or if you're asking about Sheik's setups in general... if it's the latter then I've written a post about most of her setups before.

As for my favourite other than the flashy aerial needles to bouncing fish, it's got to be ledge trump > trap them to either regrab ledge without invincibility or get on stage and punish; if its the former then dtilt to up air at kill percents finishes them off. I love doing it.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
On Battlefield, I love just upthrowing them after conditioning air dodges into the platform, and then sit underneath and get that sweet spot on the Up smash when they endlag.

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
The 50-50 from down throw. Up air, or vanish/wait for airdodge and up air. As long as you don't go beyond a certain percentage range, you're stuck into either air dodging and avoiding the up air but risk getting hit by the vanish, or jumping to avoid the vanish but risk getting hit by the double-jump up air.

If it goes beyond that percentage range, fair or f tilt. Super boring, but it works.

Top Bottom