• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Corrin's kill setups?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
This should really be in the Q and A section

For kill setups we have;

Fair -> DFS at ~60-90%
Fair-> Uair at ~100-115%
FH Fair -> Dragon Lunge Tipper at ~80-90%
Nair-> Uair at ~100-110%
Dtilt-> Uair at ~100-110%

Not to mention the many follow ups off of DFS which include Lunge tipper, Bair, Uair, Fsmash, and Usmash

Ledge Trump to Bair can also reliably get kills. As well as pinning the side of the stage and kicking towards the ledge when they try to grab it. The kick lingers through the 2 frames of ledge snap vulnerability. If you prefer to do a ledge trap, charging forward smash at tipper distance from the ledge can cover most every getup option and removes the option for them to wait at the ledge. DFS charged from about the same distance can do about the same, sans covering the wait option.

Jona Bon Boa

Smash Cadet
Sorry didn't know. Thanks for the response anyway though. About FH Fair -> Dragon Lunge Tipper, do you have to space fair anywhere specific? I've tried to replicate this myself since its the first Kill confirmed I learned about when I picked up corrin when he/she was barley released but never could. Don't know why.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
It is probably Corrins hardest kill setup to pull off. Firstly, the momentum from running makes it easier, so a FH out of a dash is recommended. Secondly, you need to hit the opponent with the maximum spacing of the FH Fair, while still rising. If you hit them at the peak of your jump, it's too late. Finally for the double jump, against some characters and to follow some DI, you may need to jump straight up rather than carrying the momentum forward to get the tipper on the lunge.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Sorry didn't know. Thanks for the response anyway though. About FH Fair -> Dragon Lunge Tipper, do you have to space fair anywhere specific? I've tried to replicate this myself since its the first Kill confirmed I learned about when I picked up corrin when he/she was barley released but never could. Don't know why.
also FH rising f-air to DL only works on tall characters. Honestly F-air or n-air into DFS works more reliably for an early kill.

D

Deleted member 189823

Every Corrin ever should learn turnaround F-Smash. We, easily, make the most of it, thanks to it's large range as well as the ability to aim our F-Smash up or down. With this in mind, you'll still need some reads to catch it (catching an airdodge, a whiffed aerial landing or even Grabs). at the very start of my Corrin days, I felt this was one of our biggest weaknesses. We have kill moves across the board, but what good was it if you needed to aim very well, and even then, make reads to catch them? a friend told me I was getting a bit hasty on killing, which is was cost me. and he was right. I fixed that issue, and I just got better in neutral. Never again did I find myself killing with U-Throw. It basically came down to:

- Killing with a B-Reversed Bite. I usually do these at random, but they work surprisingly often. Like someone mentioned above, you can actually combo into it out of F-air or N-air.
- B-air. Most of my kills come from this. Just learn to do it comfterbly (especially RaR B-air) and mostly aim this when they're closes to the edge, as that's when you'll get your best oportunity as well as lower-percent kills.
- U-air. This one's not as obvious as it seems. Having an U-air that kills makes it harder, since opponents will try to avoid it at most costs. Try to save your Double Jump so you can catch them on their way down, so you can read their airdodge if necessary. It's really fast, it's just kind of predictale.
- B to B-air or Side-B TIPPER. Side-B TIPPER's pretty much your best bet, as it kills really well. You'll only want to B-air if you feel they're too high for you to catch them with the TIPPER (which you can still do, if you know the timing). I only really tend to look for this towards the edge, since that's when it'll best kill. Not like the Side-B TIPPER doesn't kill most characters at around 100 at the center. But, again, Smash 4 blastones can be a *****.

a lot of those fancy kill setups I find rather gimmicky and impractical, at best. I might actually have to try them out consistently to tell you first-hand. But at first sight, they don't seem like something you'd just walk up to them and pull them off in a real match. You're better off learning a solid neautral with this character and working with the simple stuff that actually works really well. The kill comes naturally, after that.

Yeah I thought so. I've only seen it work on bayo and zss.
If I'm not mistaken, it works starting on characters with Lucario's and onwards. If not Lucario, starting on someone taller will work. I've done it on the FE characters, Rosalina, Sheik, elda, Ganondorf, C.Falcon, etc. Thing is, it seems very DI-dependant. FH F-air to U-air kills Rosalina just above 85 on FD, with no DI. With DI, however, it has her live up to 100 and maybe even just a tad above that. If it does work consistently, it seems pretty good, considering FH F-air is really safe on Shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 189823

wait wat
I know ledge trump Side B with a buffered jump is true against everyone

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's what I was reffering to but didn't know what it was exactly . I've never seen a corrin do that in a match.
Cosmos does it when he can, and it is true if done properly vs all but fox. Key word is properly which is near frame perfect.

D

Deleted member 189823

Didn't he, liek, say it's also pretty much garanteed on Fox. Like, Fox is probably the harder timing, when he said "frame perfect". I don't think the timing is silly strict.

also, like I said, we actually don't have too much trouble killing if we know our neutral well, don't stale IP or don't fish for it. I know for a fact it was significantly harder when I fished for it. I also stale IP a lot more than I should. It's a great tool, just not this universal everything move.

Top Bottom