• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What am I doing wrong vs. IC's?

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
One thing I noticed right away was the use of throws. Throws themselves are not bad, but in this matchup I'd say that if you get a throw with both ICs next to each other Fthrow is much better than Uthrow because it hits both of them , for example at around 2:22 you grabbed Nana and Uthrow and got punished by Popo for it. I think you need to use shines a lot more, especially running shines because they are so powerful in this matchup as well as shining to punish and kill of Nana. Like around 7:28 you approach with a nair that could be punished with CC from ICs, where if you had running shined at least one of them would be pushed off stage from it, and at around 3:56 you try to grab Nana then jab with Popo across the stage when you could have done shine->waveland onto platform and been in a better position to deal with both. I actually don't believe that Nair approaches as a whole are great because of the danger CC and instead almost exclusive do Drill, shine, and shield if I'm not platform camping. I would also say you could probably play a little more patience because platform camping ICs is really strong and from there you only have to worry them poking with Uairs which you can either maneuver around or just shield and shield drop punish it. Honestly this matchup is super hard to learn but once you do, the matchup becomes heavily in your favor, and you simply just have to find an IC and grind out the MU.

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
If you grab Popo, wait for Nana to drop her shield then Fthrow. It's dumb and broken.
If you grab Nana and Popo is shielding, dthrow Nana and shine. Popo can't really get a punish off this.
When it's just SoPo, uthrow -> uair works wonders with no DI.

Honestly Fthrow is actually the dumbest thing ever. Fthrow -> shine is literally 0-death on Nana.

Top Bottom