• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We've lost PS as a Neutral....

rhan

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255538

Yup.... you heard right..... So now it's just a counterpick stage....

Anyone else annoyed by this? It's not completely lost but it feels that way.... No more agreeing to start on that stage.... no more random luck the first match.....

No we have to force ourselves to go there and there are still characters that do better than us there....

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255538

Yup.... you heard right..... So now it's just a counterpick stage....

Anyone else annoyed by this? It's not completely lost but it feels that way.... No more agreeing to start on that stage.... no more random luck the first match.....

No we have to force ourselves to go there and there are still characters that do better than us there....
actually, you COULD agree to play there first. if you agree you can play ANY stage. just saying.

EDIT: if it's that important, you might as well ask your opponent, plenty of ppl LOVE that stage as it is.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yeah, as if I needed another reason to quit playing the game

when trash like FoD and YS are allowed instead with their moving platforms,
or short *** boundaries/ dumb edges / shy guys

lol ****ing dumb idea. no surprise though.

Brinstar should be on the random

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't really matter what is allowed and what isn't. Almost everyone is used to PS being used so they use it anyways. It was used as Neutral in ROM 2 so that's good enough for me to keep playing it.

D20

Smash Lord
It doesn't really matter what is allowed and what isn't. Almost everyone is used to PS being used so they use it anyways. It was used as Neutral in ROM 2 so that's good enough for me to keep playing it.
Basically. Most tournaments will still probably elect to use the old MLG rules.

On a related note... I just got back in from RoM II, and it was amazing. Everyone should go to Pound.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I like yoshi's better for light characters, but yeah, it's definitely a loss. Hopefully this rule-set won't be too popular. At least its good for us against fox...lol

Also, why do no other young-links use the up-b ledge hog? I expected it to be quite popular due to its speed, but I've never seen anyone else use it much.

Oh, and eagle, come to the tourny on Dec 5 so we can exchange YL tactics and tricks.

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Where is it at? Zero's? I'm planning to go to the next one if I'm able.

Up-b ledge hog? Like where you roll next to the edge and up-b to ledge hog, right? I never even try because I'm terrible with it unless I hit the other person for some reason. I just do a quick semi-dash dance to backwards wavedash :)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's at zero's.

Roll? I usually run at the ledge, and then I up-b right before (within like 8 frames or so) I fall off. Its basically exactly like Bowser's fortress edge-hog, but for young link.

rhan

Smash Hero
Just got back round to this place.

I personally agree fully with TRC. I hate Yoshi's cause of the Shy Guys and FoD because of how the Platforms disappear on you at time.

I guess I'll just have to get use to Yoshi's. That's probablt YLink's second best place anyway. Due to the tricks and the platform's spacing. Only thing that will be trouble is the Shy guys blocking rangs or bombs. :(

rhan

Smash Hero
Shy guys don't normally screw me over there. I just have to remember that when I tether recover to not linger about my hookshot because it has such low boundaries.
Obviously you're not a over camper like me. :(

I came fond of going to Yoshi's lately. It's a good stage for Young Link. I just always banned it because of my hatred of Marth.

Now I'm starting to hate Dreamland....

It's funny how I hate the stages that benifit my characters. >_>

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Nah I hate Dreamland too. The boundaries are massive. YL can do pretty well with wracking up damage fairly easily if you're smart with how you do it. Having massive boundaries really hurts him there.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie, YL can be really sick at Yoshi's.
But... He also gets wrecked quicker...

... f.ucking stadium is gone... **** it all.
I know one thing. I'm definitely only going to tourneys that have the traditional stage format. Otherwise it's just a waste.

Haha. I had issues with certain phases of that stage. It could be very sporadic with the match ups and was hard to learn to play perfectly against all opponents.
The stage changes is what made me do better than other there. For some reason I feel I can adapt quicker than others on that stage. Especially with YLink/Samus.

D20

Smash Lord
No offensive, but Young Link is going to be reason why you lose matches... not the stage. To me, there is no sense in boycotting a tournament because PS is not a neutral.

rhan

Smash Hero
No offensive, but Young Link is going to be reason why you lose matches... not the stage. To me, there is no sense in boycotting a tournament because PS is not a neutral.
I'm not boycotting any tourney because PS is Young Link's best stage. I'm boycotting because PS is MAH STAGE!

Yeah I'm bias. >_>

rhan

Smash Hero
You're wierd that's why. <_<

<3 Plur.

In all seriousness. It's because you're a IC main. IC's do better at smaller stages in my opinion.

Top Bottom