• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weres the IC chain grab guide?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Please use the search thread on this forum, and please don't think I am a jerk, a mod would've came here and told you the same thing, and if anything they will probably give you the right thread and close this one.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I will assume you mean second stock where he did down throw, spike, down throw spike, fthrow regrab fthrow +fsmash

I'll tell you how to easily perform the dthrow to spike, just work on the timing :)

Grab with Popo, throw down AND press up, then hold forward and up then mash c-stick towards opponent and Popo should throw down, Nana should immediatly as this happens, jump move a little forward, then spike the opponent. Then regrab and repeat.

For the fthrow, dthrow, and bthrow regrabs (not sure if there were any there) its a matter of pressing Z + C-stick in direction at a specific time in the throw, which will cause Nana to dash and grab the opponent. However grabbing from Nana (you have to wait a second or so for her Throw Animation) takes a lot of practice.

I use this all the time to go from a chaingrab to a spike.

Why I wasted my time instead of directing you to a thread. Not sure.

tutata

Smash Ace
Please use the search thread on this forum, and please don't think I am a jerk, a mod would've came here and told you the same thing, and if anything they will probably give you the right thread and close this one.
I have looked through here and i have seen the videos but they are not specific enough i was looking for an in depth thread, no offense taken.:)

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Or you can watch VirtualVoid's video, Snowstorm. That helped out a lot for me.

P.S. I can't go to Ender's, it's too far a drive.

spotted

Smash Cadet
I think that someone like Hylian (or anyone else who is good) should upload a vid on youtube with the IC chaingrabs in depth. It should cover all directions you can chainthrow how you do it (very detailed with the controls) and the combos (fthrow spike and desych combos) and finally some finishers :D

chewyy

Smash Ace
It's really not that hard. Just think of it as when one of the climbers has the other player in a grab, you can't control them(because you can't). Then just grab when you need to. For D-throw I think of it as a little after they hit the ground, and for f-throw around when they get hit. I don't like the timing for B-throw (which means I suck at it) so I just d-throw -> picot grab, if I'm going to turn around. (because the timing for hitting grab is the same)

The only hard part IMO, is doing it consistently. The timing is different depending on the character's weight. The heavier the later. I think the timing is also more precise the higher their percent is.

edit: keep in mind Nana does whatever you hit a little later then when you actually hit it.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
yea. Like Chewyy said, when doing the down throw, press it right when to opponent hits the ground. on back throw, try pressing Z right as the control stick hits the edge of the controller. I suck at forward throw, can't really give advice there.

Top Bottom