• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to you who is welcome.

CassandraZD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groosinator
3DS FC
5429-9033-2238
Hi, I'm Cassandra, the Fantastic Plastic Lesbian. I've always liked the Smash Bros. series, so I decided to come here. I'm not super good at it or anything, I just play for funsies. I mean, I TRIED getting good once but once someone mentioned "frame data" i was like mmm no. The most competitive experience I have is local tourneys anyways and I didn't exactly win at any of those. Rip.

I'm into a lot of other games besides Smash though. I guess the easiest way to do this is to make lists.

-Legend of Zelda
-Pokemon
-Metal Gear
-Dark Souls
-Etrian Odyssey
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
-Animal Crossing
-Panel de Pon/Puzzle League
-Super Merry-o Bros.
-Sonic the Hedge
-Gran Turismo
-Castlevania

Those are some games, yeah. I also enjoy a lot of music as well, though it generally tends to my vidie game music because, well, I play a lot of vidie games. I do like regular bands too. I have a weird mixed taste in music and if I say I only like metal please call me out on it because that's a lie. My all time favourite band is Sonata Arctica, love them guys. My favourite video game soundtrack is currently the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack. Favourite anime song is A Cruel Angel's Thesis, which is the main theme of Neon Genesis Evangelion (Though this is tied with Sorairo Days, the main theme of Gurren Lagann). All time favourite song is Full Moon by Sonata Arctica. Favourite video game song is currently Lost Shinjuku from Etrian Odyssey Untold. I guess that's it for music.

Books are for nerds I don't read that **** (also i dont read the rules so im probably not allowed to swear oops.)

Movies... Mad Max was pretty sick. I like Studio Ghibli a lot. I like a lot of the better Pixar movies, like Up and stuff like that. Up broke my goddamn heart dont judge me.

I guess personal stuff... I live with my girlfriend in Michigan, which is in the USA. I have a puppy named Bo, but whatever I just call him puppy and he responds. I've got several pet moths who are my babies and I love them. I work out fairly often so I can win at arm wrestling. I've got one eye because when I was little my dad punched me in the face and it tore my eye clean open. My favourite soda is Pepsi, but I'm beginning to lean more towards Coke. I have a sweet tooth and fillings to prove it. When I was little I wanted to be a pirate.

And that pretty much sums me up. I kinda only wanted to come here to figure out how Roy made it to be top tier but if you're nice maybe I'll stay a while, granted the rules aren't too strict that I can't be silly once in a while.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards! If you've got any site-related questions, don't hesitate to ask. The assigned Welcome Center moderators and / or regular members (like me) are willing to help. Indeed, explicit profanity is not allowed, but certain words are censored as a result. Compared to the other forum sites I've been to, this site doesn't seem to be that strict. But I do suggest you to please read the Global Rules for more information!

I enjoy video game music for the most part as I'm not really into today's "normal" music. I drink a lot of Coke for some reason. And the only Gran Turismo game I played was the one that came out for the PSP. Don't have any other PlayStation console, so yeah. I'm mainly a Nintendo guy. I used to own a 360 for two years instead of a PS home console.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
>Persona
>Dark Souls
>Castlevania
You hit the holy trinity of series I love outside of Nintendo ._.

Buuut welcome! (sorry i was in the social thread when you made this intro so it got lost in my alert box lol)

Roy is honestly quite a good character with lots of options and other tools that the boards could sure explain to you. I don't see him as "top tier", but I'd say he's atleast high.

Like Flight just said, I hope you enjoy your time and ask questions around here. You seem pretty cool, so I'm glad you put a giant welcome post. Most people only put like... two lines or one paragraph.

Last edited:

CassandraZD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groosinator
3DS FC
5429-9033-2238
Heheh, thanks guys. Yeah, it's a lengthy welcome post. If I ever join another forum im just copy/pasting this for ease. This forum is a bit confusing, and as a casual smash player I don't know if I'll fit in, but I hope I do :3c

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welcome to the boards!
Yeah, we aren't too strict around here. Basically, don't post anything too explicit/over the top, and you should be okay. Most swear words are censored anyway (just don't try to dodge the censor). I'd recommend that you do give the forum rules a quick glance, at least.
Plenty of people are just here for fun and aren't hugely interested in the competitive scene, so you should be able to find somewhere to fit in.
If you need any help getting around, feel free to ask!

D

Deleted member

Heheh, thanks guys. Yeah, it's a lengthy welcome post. If I ever join another forum im just copy/pasting this for ease. This forum is a bit confusing, and as a casual smash player I don't know if I'll fit in, but I hope I do :3c
You'll fit in, no doubt. This site ain't made for competitive players in mind.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Fantastic Plastic Lesbian? I like it. :) As everyone else said, our censors catch most stuff, just try and not go crazy with it. We share a lot of interests in games. Anyways, here is a list of links to help you get started....

Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @KMZ || WolfieXVII, @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

D

Deleted member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone! I appreciate it a lot c:

So, my first goal here is...

To become an admin.
You're welcome. Becoming an administrator for the site? I suppose every single member here wants to rule the world. :evil:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Onyx is too goffick 5 me. I like emerald a lot. By the way, is the site usually really slow? It's really intense :S
Slow loading you mean? I never really have that issue. Slow as far as traffic goes? Depends on where you're at.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, occasionally the site experiences spikes in traffic that slows it down for all of us. I'm not sure you'd want to be an admin when it's really bad and the site is up and down like a yo-yo :p

D

Deleted member

Haha, I'd be a helpful admin. I think I'd only really want to be admin for the name colour though :p
I see. I have no interest in becoming a staff member, so I don't know what to say about that. The colors do look nice though.

A special green-colored username would be fun to have. Not my favorite color in any way, but it would definitely match my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Hi, I'm Cassandra, the Fantastic Plastic Lesbian. I've always liked the Smash Bros. series, so I decided to come here. I'm not super good at it or anything, I just play for funsies. I mean, I TRIED getting good once but once someone mentioned "frame data" i was like mmm no. The most competitive experience I have is local tourneys anyways and I didn't exactly win at any of those. Rip.

I'm into a lot of other games besides Smash though. I guess the easiest way to do this is to make lists.

-Legend of Zelda
-Pokemon
-Metal Gear
-Dark Souls
-Etrian Odyssey
-Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
-Animal Crossing
-Panel de Pon/Puzzle League
-Super Merry-o Bros.
-Sonic the Hedge
-Gran Turismo
-Castlevania

Those are some games, yeah. I also enjoy a lot of music as well, though it generally tends to my vidie game music because, well, I play a lot of vidie games. I do like regular bands too. I have a weird mixed taste in music and if I say I only like metal please call me out on it because that's a lie. My all time favourite band is Sonata Arctica, love them guys. My favourite video game soundtrack is currently the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack. Favourite anime song is A Cruel Angel's Thesis, which is the main theme of Neon Genesis Evangelion (Though this is tied with Sorairo Days, the main theme of Gurren Lagann). All time favourite song is Full Moon by Sonata Arctica. Favourite video game song is currently Lost Shinjuku from Etrian Odyssey Untold. I guess that's it for music.

Books are for nerds I don't read that **** (also i dont read the rules so im probably not allowed to swear oops.)

Movies... Mad Max was pretty sick. I like Studio Ghibli a lot. I like a lot of the better Pixar movies, like Up and stuff like that. Up broke my goddamn heart dont judge me.

I guess personal stuff... I live with my girlfriend in Michigan, which is in the USA. I have a puppy named Bo, but whatever I just call him puppy and he responds. I've got several pet moths who are my babies and I love them. I work out fairly often so I can win at arm wrestling. I've got one eye because when I was little my dad punched me in the face and it tore my eye clean open. My favourite soda is Pepsi, but I'm beginning to lean more towards Coke. I have a sweet tooth and fillings to prove it. When I was little I wanted to be a pirate.

And that pretty much sums me up. I kinda only wanted to come here to figure out how Roy made it to be top tier but if you're nice maybe I'll stay a while, granted the rules aren't too strict that I can't be silly once in a while.
Welcome! I love Studio Ghibli too. My favorite movie by them is The Wind Rises. Anyways, have a great time on the site. See you around!

Top Bottom