• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Welcome to Wario World-A Wario SSB4 guide for beginners.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
Today, I am here to talk about my main in all the Smash Bros Games except Melee and 64, Wario, but this guide is his SSB4 incarnation, so just to let you know.

Basics:
Wario is a very unique character, as he is a combination of Power and Speed. He also has many recovery options like using the Bike as a extra jump, or using the Fart, or using the Fart and the Bike both! Light Projectiles like Mario's Fireballs and Dr. Mario's Pills do no damage if Wario is using his Neutral B move to swallow them up.

Special Moves:

Chomp-This is Wario's best move, as it can swallow up projectiles and can break through Shields like Marth's Neutral B. It is Wario's Command Grab, and it can juggle opponents into combos and you could use Mind Games with it to make it look like you are gonna bite them, then cancel into a Bike. This is Wario's only Special that has no recovery usage.

Wario Bike-Wario's second most used Recovery Move, This move should only be used for recovery and to chase your opponents down if they just run/roll around the stage. You can also use this move in the air to fake that you are about to hit them, then use the Fart or the Bair.

Wario Waft-Wario's most powerful move, you should only use this as Wario's main KO move, as Wario has not a lot of KO moves. He can also use this for recovery and to fake out opponents.

Wario Corkscrew-Wario's Main recovery move, you should use this move along with the Dair to perform a damage inflicting combo. Other than that, you shouldn't use this too often, as you will leave yourself open for an attack.

Final Smash: Wario Man-In Wario's Superhero Alter Ego, Wario is invincible, and can use his U-Airs for recovery. This doesn't last long unlike the Brawl version, so dish out as much damage as possible. And one warning, don't use the Bike, or you might accidently kill yourself.

Strengths: Weaknesses:
-Great Air Mobility -Still susceptible to no pummel grabs
-Lots of recovery moves -Has trouble with Counter users
-Chomp can break through shields -Can die quickly to Lil' Mac's KO Punch
-Bike can catch roll spammers off guard -Wario Man does not last long
-Most powerful Down B in the game
-Wario Man is invincible

Overall:
Wario is a great character if you like Speed/Power characters like Bowser or Donkey Kong, and are annoyed with shield spammer, or like knowing you have a high chance of recovery, then Wario is your man.

Thanks for reading!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I think this guide needs way more info on it. Maybe use one of the guides in the guide section for reference? To start with, you didn't even list all of his moves. You probably should put some words in about his aerials, tilts, and smashes.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I love Wario and have decided to main him in Sm4sh. One of my only problems, though, is that I sometimes accidentally perform his Bike move when I intend to use his neutral B Chomp.

Wario is kinda an unorthodox characters so I find that people have are hard time going up against him. I guess that's what attracts me to him most as I often use offbeat characters like Dhalsim and Voldo in fighting games.

Top Bottom