• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird viruses on my Windows partition

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I was on my Windows partition in order to test out the newest build of a game that I'm helping with (Shameless plug), but after 1.5 hours of normal browsing and gaming, a virus popup about some sort of Microsoft Security Essentials popped up.

It was obviously a virus since every time I closed it, it popped back up and said that a different, normal file (like itunes.exe, etc) was an "unknown Win32 Trojan." The problem with the virus was that it wouldn't let me go to task manager and close out the process, but luckily, I have a process explorer on my usb drive that let me kill it.

However, none of my virus scanners (AVG and A-Squared) have been able to find it, and neither of them popped up during the initial "attack." Has anyone else seen something like this?

Oh, and while I'm here, I might as well mention the "proquota.exe" process that keeps popping up and keeping me from shutting down my comp because I am using too much memory. However, it says that I'm only allowed 17 megabytes. :/

It stops every time that I shut down the process, but it's pretty annoying to deal with.

But hey, this is why I usually use Ubuntu.

Top Bottom