• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Sweeping Salutation Glitch

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506

I don't know too much about it since I've only watched it muted due to circumstance. But it seems to involve G&W's bucket and you can keep multiple, variously sized inactive Sweeping Salutation orbs on the stage indefinitely. There doesn't seem to be any competitive value to this, but I thought I would share this person's video since it was posted only 4 days ago.

Niala

Smash Ace
This is actually pretty cool, but yeah there's nothing particularly useful about this.

Although a friend of mine and I play WFT and G&W in doubles together, so having Sweeping SS to insta-charge the bucket is pretty valuable knowledge, so thanks!

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Interesting~

One of my favorite things about sweeping that got patched out was that charge canceling left an after image that i figured would work really well to throw players off. This could do something similar in teams.

As for bucketing the windbox being a legit strategy against WFT players, please be sure to learn charge canceling and nair combos to make reflects and absorb moves not worth the risk. (:

The only character who's anti projectile move you should be constantly respecting is Rosalina. Everyone else it depends on the player.

Top Bottom