• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

weird laser thing

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
i was playing as wolf blablabla.then i shot a laser after a short hop and he just bounced back
A LOT and slided a little (aproximately as much as luigi's wavedash in melee).This happened to me twice in the same game and it lasted over the three minutes so i couldnt get a replay.I want to know if this has happened to anybody or was it just a random glitch?

dream theater

Smash Cadet
I think it's where you cancel out your sideb

if you sideb then press b really quickly it cancels it out

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
I think it's where you cancel out your sideb

if you sideb then press b really quickly it cancels it out
Perhaps you should pay a little more attention, as I'm pretty sure he said he fired his laser.

I've heard of something like this, only I wasn't sure if it worked for Wolf. If you use the c-stick for the special moves, it actually knocks you bakcwards into a sort of waveland (called so cause it is similar to the one in melee, just a less useful, since basically nothing can be done during it)

A video of it is here. Watch the PK Waveland part, 1:33 to the end, there's a better video somewhere, so if I find it, I'll post it here.

dream theater

Smash Cadet
I know what he said, I was suggesting that he could have possibly hit the side button on his joystick and kept trying to spam his laser so it shot him back but not fully for a sideb

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
Today i was trying to reproduce that dash by DIing back after a short hopped laser and i found out that if you do it right before after landing he will slide a little but not enough as to when i was playing.

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
DI stands for directional influence.it is basically using the joystick to alter you movement in the air.
For example when you get hit and you push the joystick in the oposite direction you are going it makes you get hit less far alowing you to live longer.

In this case it means that i DIed back after shooting the laser .which causes a little bounce like movement towards the direction you push the joystick inmediately after shooting the laser.

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
DI stands for directional influence.it is basically using the joystick to alter you movement in the air.
For example when you get hit and you push the joystick in the oposite direction you are going it makes you get hit less far alowing you to live longer.

In this case it means that i DIed back after shooting the laser .which causes a little bounce like movement towards the direction you push the joystick inmediately after shooting the laser.
So perhaps in those two instances it was an odd example of Smash DI coupled with Auto DI? I dunno, but that seems the most likely thing to have happened.

And sorry other dude, didn't really mean to seem like an ***, I wasn't really reading things right :p

Top Bottom