• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird fair

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
So I was fighting Dr. Mario on Big Blue, and I faired him over one of those floaty flat platforms. He was at around 50%, and after I hit him, he was sent straight down, and exploded. He didn't explode when I hit him; it happened when he hit the platform. I don't recall the explosion sending him anywhere either. It looked kinda like a bomb explosion with the orange flames, except items were off. Probably looked more like when Link holds a bomb for too long and it explodes. It definitely wasn't anything item-related. Nobody else was playing, so that couldn't have been it. Dr. Mario doesn't have any fire moves that I know of, and neither does Yoshi, so I got to thinking, maybe it was the way I hit him. I didn't hit him with Yoshi's head. I hit him kind of in the center of Yoshi's body, closer to the tail. Maybe it was just a weird glitch. Idk. I'm gonna mess around in training.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
How powerful was the explosion? It might be something with Big Blue, but I doubt it is something with Yoshi's fair hitbox. After all these years of people playing Yoshi, all of the possible locations for the hitbox to connect have probably been activated. I don't know though. We need someone more experienced like bringer in here to check this out.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't very powerful. Like I said, about the power of Link's bomb exploding on himself. At least that's how the knockback was. The damage, however, I can't say. I didn't pay close enough attention.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
That's the thing. He was. He was flaming and smoking and everything. Again, think the Link bomb explosion effect. I really wish I had a recording of it to show you guys... it was quite strange.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This just in--Yoshi broken on Big Blue? Doctors on fire? More at 11.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
:yoshi: This just in--Yoshi broken on Big Blue? Doctors on fire? More at 11.
Lol, but this wouldn't really boost Yoshi's Big Blue game that much, seeing as its only like Link's bomb. Anyways, Big Blue is banned for being broken against fast fallers who touch the ground and instantly die.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Lol, but this wouldn't really boost Yoshi's Big Blue game that much, seeing as its only like Link's bomb. Anyways, Big Blue is banned for being broken against fast fallers who touch the ground and instantly die because they're giant buttfaces with butts for faces.
:yoshi: Well said. I agree, actually. +Rep, LOL. ^_^

Hmmm, I should actually look into this some. And by "look into," I mean "say I'm going to investigate it, but come out with my findings a few months later." Someone with enough time should definitely check it out, though. We could all use a few more parlor tricks, hahaha.

Top Bottom