• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird desync question

Custom

Smash Cadet
Today I got popo to SH fair while nana fsmashed out of a wobble. I guess the lv 1 cpu got out of the grab so that popo could jump. It killed pretty early and I was wondering if there are any setups like this reliant on the opponent mashing out, it seems to be a really good way to throw off their DI since you can do it earlier. I can't replicate it and I wish I could cause it looks pretty cool too.

Any thoughts or has this been previously discussed somewhere (couldn't find anything).

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
Today I got popo to SH fair while nana fsmashed out of a wobble. I guess the lv 1 cpu got out of the grab so that popo could jump. It killed pretty early and I was wondering if there are any setups like this reliant on the opponent mashing out, it seems to be a really good way to throw off their DI since you can do it earlier. I can't replicate it and I wish I could cause it looks pretty cool too.

Any thoughts or has this been previously discussed somewhere (couldn't find anything).
Watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLZ1322sgY wobbles does this ALL the time.

Custom

Smash Cadet
Thanks it's a cool vid, I've seen it before. I didn't do a handoff though, it was strait out of a wobble and all I remember pressing was y then side c-stick. idk maybe it was just random **** lol, I hope not though.

Custom

Smash Cadet
I was wobbling (down tilt) then they seemed to do it simultaneously which is why I was intrigued by it. Happened right when I tried to have Nana SH fair but Popo did that instead. I'm pretty sure the lv 1 fox mashed out and Nana was in the middle of her down tilt so Popo jumped, then Nana fsmashed and they lined up since f smash is faster. the only thing I can't get is how fast it mashed since I wasn't dropping the wobble : /

Mario Blanchard

Smash Rookie
If you were wobbling and they were simultaneously hitting then you dropped it. just wounds like you input the SH Fair and when you used the C-stick to do the Fair it registered the input for nana to do the smash. As a side note you should Wobble with Ftilt not Dtilt. More damage (so less time wobbling) and the margin of error is larger with Ftilt. always better to Ftilt :)

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
You can dtilt wobble on platforms. Dtilt wobbles are also occasionally easier than ftilt wobbles depending on the circumstances, and are safer when you're extremely close to an edge. I'd also rather stale dtilt than ftilt since ftilt is more useful in neutral. Ftilt wobbles are fine, but it's very naive to say it's always better to ftilt.

edit: more reasons for dtilt wobbles: maybe you're fighting somebody who gets flustered by wobbling and you want to get to his head more with a longer wobble. Maybe you're wobbling somebody in a Pokemon Stadium transformation where you can't comfortably stop the wobble, so you want to stall out the transformation with a slower dps infinite so that you take longer to reach the percentage cap at that particular tourney.

Last edited:

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to argue with my favorite player, and you bring up good points, but seriously, I've been in circumstances where I did wall infinites on a Fox, the irony was real. I like all of the Stadium transformations.

Edit: D-tilt wobbles don't work at 0% on platforms, because the slow pressing of the control pad to not drop through the soft platform will allow them to escape, forcing you to do something else to get them to about 20%. The wall infinites were done on the Fire transformation, the one with the tree, at high percentages they can either tech and be hit by more infinitely desynced d-smashes or die. Walljump techs are usually punishable by grab and therefore wobble.

Last edited:

Custom

Smash Cadet
For some reason when nana runs past popo from say a dash grab, down tilt seems to desync better than forward tilt. This may just be me but it's my own personal success with it that makes me choose down tilt. Also ~100% consistency with not dropping from the start on the bottom platform is is a plus for me since I really only go for it when an easy setup presents itself. I don't want a wobbling-centric mindset at this point in my practice/tournament play but I am/have been able to perform both.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
D-tilt wobbles don't work at 0% on platforms, because the slow pressing of the control pad to not drop through the soft platform will allow them to escape, forcing you to do something else to get them to about 20%.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here; moving the joystick down slowly does nothing to enable the opponent to escape. There's a threshold you can move to really quickly that will let Nana dtilt without causing her to drop through the platform, anyways, if that's the concern. Dtilt wobbles at 0% on platforms are completely doable as long as the opponent doesn't mash out before the first pummel connects.

The wall infinites were done on the Fire transformation, the one with the tree, at high percentages they can either tech and be hit by more infinitely desynced d-smashes or die. Walljump techs are usually punishable by grab and therefore wobble.
Neither tech option is generally punishable due to the intangible frames they offer. Letting the opponent out of the wobble and letting them tech a surface is a get-out-of-jail-free card unless they screw up.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
If you were wobbling and they were simultaneously hitting then you dropped it. just wounds like you input the SH Fair and when you used the C-stick to do the Fair it registered the input for nana to do the smash. As a side note you should Wobble with Ftilt not Dtilt. More damage (so less time wobbling) and the margin of error is larger with Ftilt. always better to Ftilt :)
You can dtilt wobble on platforms. Dtilt wobbles are also occasionally easier than ftilt wobbles depending on the circumstances, and are safer when you're extremely close to an edge. I'd also rather stale dtilt than ftilt since ftilt is more useful in neutral. Ftilt wobbles are fine, but it's very naive to say it's always better to ftilt.

edit: more reasons for dtilt wobbles: maybe you're fighting somebody who gets flustered by wobbling and you want to get to his head more with a longer wobble. Maybe you're wobbling somebody in a Pokemon Stadium transformation where you can't comfortably stop the wobble, so you want to stall out the transformation with a slower dps infinite so that you take longer to reach the percentage cap at that particular tourney.
I'm going to say you're both wrong and blizzobbling is the correct answer.
Except for fly's edit, in those cases, you should be jabobbling (unless jabobbling is faster than a normal wobble, then my world would be rocked).

Mario Blanchard

Smash Rookie
never thought about the staling part of wobbling and using Dtilt to make it last longer to make your opponent salty or for transformations. Smart stuff I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

Top Bottom