• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Watchlist 7: Eleven Electrifying Events

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Welcome to the seventh edition of Weekend Watchlist, the best way to find the most exciting tournaments to watch each weekend! We help fans satisfy that craving for Smash content by sifting through the tournaments and streams planned for each weekend and coming up with the best to tune into. Without further ado, here is the Weekend Watchlist!

---​

The Oregon SHFFL

Taking place in Eugene, Oregon, The Oregom SHFFL looks to be one of the finest events to watch this weekend! Taking place from June 20th through 21st it will feature singles and doubles for both Melee and Smash for Wii U and a Project M singles bracket. Alongside the best players in Oregon great names like Mew2King, EGGZ, Fat Goku, and Bladewise are also confirmed to be attending. The event will be streamed by ZodiacSmash. For more information about the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Road To Glory 3 - Season Finale

Also taking place in Oregon but in Eugene, Road To Glory 3 looks to be an exciting finale to the series. Featuring Smash for Wii U, Melee, and Smash 64 there will surely be a lot of Oregon Smashers and talent in attendance. A guaranteed prize of $500 dollars is up for grabs in Smash for Wii U and several local groups and Smashers have personally donated towards the prize pool. The stream will be provided by The Gamepad Arena and a schedule for the event is provided below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Schedule
12:00pm - Smash Bros. Melee
12:30pm - Smash Bros. N64
1:00pm - Smash Bros. for Wii U
5:00pm - Halftime - Amiibo Exhibition
6:00pm - Top 8
8:00pm - Grand Final Showcase!​

The Old Gods And The New

In need of a pure Project M fix? The Old Gods And The New is a tournament taking place on June 20th in Natick, Massachusetts that will only have Project M. Expect some great local talent (just look at the names in the banner) and many players from the Smashboards top 50 attend these events. The stream will be provided by Smashing Grounds and the bracket will be available here. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

CE Smash #2 - OcS Monthly

Taking place in Toms River, New Jersey CE Smash #2 should be an excellent spotlight of local talent. It will feature both single and doubles for Smash for Wii U and Melee and is set to take place on June 21st. The stream will be provided by ContiBeastMode will be uploaded to ContiBeastMode on Youtube. For more information on the event check its Smashboards thread.

Smashville?

This tournament is happening in Greenville North Carolina, it will feature singles and doubles for Melee and Smash for Wii U. The tournament will take place on June 21st and some excellent local players are set to attend. The stream will be provided by Knee Deep Gaming. For more information on the event as well as a schedule check out its Smashboards thread.

Press L+R+A+Start 11

Vegas is also bringing on Smash this weekend! Press L+R+A+Start 11 will take on June 20th and is set to feature Project M singles, and Melee singles and doubles. Some of the best folks in Vegas are expected to be in attendance, and Vegas events always bring on the hype. The stream will be provided by PressStartLV and a schedule for the event is provided below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.
Schedule
1:00 PM - All game signups begin.
1:50 PM - PM Singles and Melee Doubles signups end.
2:00 PM - PM Singles and Melee Doubles begin.
3:30 PM - Melee Singles signups end.
4:00 PM - Melee Singles Pools begin.​

If these aren't enough, check out a few more excellent events being streamed this weekend!

---​

So choose a stream, maybe fire up multitwitch, and satisfy that need for Smash with the coolest events around! If there are events that should be featured in next week's Weekend Watchlist mention them in the comments below or Tweet them out to @ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill .

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
We have a huge GA Smash 4 event coming up this Sat, I wish it was on here! I won't advertise here though out of admin respect. :) I will definitely be tuning in to these though! Multitwitch FTW.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Eugene is so Smashin' we have TWO big Smash events on the same day - we also have multiple days of "weeklies" through the week and people getting together to Smash and have some fun whenever in addition.
Too bad it rains 24/7, is freezing cold most months, have too many hippies, hobos, and hipsters, and our women are only ranked as 2nd most hairy (their beards are not as "full" as Russia's women).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I rarely see PM and Smash 4 at the same place much more.

Mostly it's all three, only big events.
Melee, Smash 4.
Melee, PM.
Or PM by itself.

Disheartening when I try to enter all three and my locals restrict people now to just 2 events for each singles and doubles.

gaminggentleguy

Smash Rookie
NNID
gaminggentleguy2
I know it's not on topic, but has anyone gotten a sudden urge and addiction to play animal crossing new leaf?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey @ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill

Would it be possible to add BOSS2 to the list? It's a huge PM only regional that hasn't got much exposure because Norcal doesn't know how to use smashboards.
Totally tell Norcal to start using Smashboards, or at least chat me on Twitter then!

I'm actually off vacationing at the moment for a few days (a wedding) so I'm not sure I can get it up, but if I get time I'll try.

Top Bottom