• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Webcam help

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
So, last Christmas, I got a laptop that has a webcam built in. I thought I could use it to make YouTube videos, so I got an account, but when I tried to make a video, it wouldn't let me save it, so I couldn't upload it to YouTube (made me miss the PK Tubin' deadline). Can anyone help? My laptop is a Dell inspiron.

Overload

Smash Lord
i also have a dell inspiron it is the 1526. after you stop recording it saves it in a folder under your recordings in dell webcam center. after you hit stop just click my recordings on the top right of the webcam center window. they copy and paste to the desktop or right click and click send to desktop. what kind of quality do you get with your webcam? mine is pretty crappy, only about 8 frames per second, twice i had about 15 though, still not really good

sohel08

Smash Rookie
look at the cafe

The Samsung that MLG is using currently (look it up on MLG's website) has no lag and is HD. A good chocie for the PS3 and 360, but you'll still get lag on the Wii. Though it may be minimal since it's only upscaling lag. It'd be worth a try at least. Most TV stores will let you try out a TV with a game system before you buy. I would do that.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
i also have a dell inspiron it is the 1526. after you stop recording it saves it in a folder under your recordings in dell webcam center. after you hit stop just click my recordings on the top right of the webcam center window. they copy and paste to the desktop or right click and click send to desktop. what kind of quality do you get with your webcam? mine is pretty crappy, only about 8 frames per second, twice i had about 15 though, still not really good
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out when I can. Yeah, mine has a pretty crappy frame rate too. The main reason I'm upset is that I tried to make the deadline of that PK Tubin' contest and missed it because I couldn't upload the video I'd made. But thanks again.

Top Bottom