• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weather Mechanic for SSB4

What do you thonk of a weather mechanic?

• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
A weather mechanic would keep the game interesting. It would be different for each stage. For Example: On the Pokémon Stadium 2 stage, a sandstorm occurs. This means it is permanently the ground section and characters will be blown to the left. Also, the scenery would change. In the sandstorm the Pokémon will become Hippopotas, Vibrava and Gligar. What do you think? Please leave comments and suggestions but please be respectful.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The weather effect should be minimal, and focus more on aesthetics. Not really fond of gimmicks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Weather should only be for aesthetic purposes, in my opinion.

This kind of mechanic doesn't really makes much sense in a fighting game.

The only thing that could be interesting would be wind like in some SSE stages and Pokémon Stadium 2's Flying transformation.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Weather should only be for aesthetic purposes, in my opinion.

This kind of mechanic doesn't really makes much sense in a fighting game.

The only thing that could be interesting would be wind like in some SSE stages and Pokémon Stadium 2's Flying transformation.
Smash isn't a fighting game. Its It's own genre derived from a fighting game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I forgot to note that Brawl's Pikmin stage does have rain, which makes the terrain slippery, and also creates a miniature waterfall.

Also, Pirate's Ship stage has a cyclone.

Well restrict them to gimmicky stages, as Frostwraith said.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
A derivative, yes. But still a fighting game at its core.
It doesn't have to be the same. What about regular RPGs and ARPGS? They lose some of the main mechanics and add some new ones. They also add new mechanics that wouldn't work in the original genre. What about V-Waves like in PMD:GtI? I'd like an excuse to have Victini say "V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" again.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I forgot to note that Brawl's Pikmin stage does have rain, which makes the terrain slippery, and also creates a miniature waterfall.

Forgot those... (-_-);

Goes to show how long I haven't played Brawl. ;_;

Restrict them to certain stages rather than being a universal mechanic. That's how previous Smash Bros. handled weather.

Some weather is also aesthetic, like the snowfall (or lack of it) on Snake's stage, Shadow Moses Island.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103

I'm not sure if it's completely related, but the Iceclimbers' stage has the same feature when it goes into its sliding motion mode, which opens a lot of gimmick opportunities.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
A totally aesthetic option to enable things like rain in stages (where weather would make sense) would be cool, I guess.

Weather that alters the stage in a gimmicky way would just be kind of irritating. Especially if it happens automatically.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Another stage like the Pikmin one from Brawl with lotsa different weather. Add a Day/Night cycle like Brawl's Battlefield and ya gotta a pretty cool stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If it can be turned on and off, sure, otherwise I see that it'd probably become more annoying than anything, like tripping.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What if you can control the weather with the gamepad screen. You can create thunder storm, make rain, create hurricanes, spawn enemies, create hazards, make a hammer storm, troll with bumper rain, change the gravity, and spawn infinite Ultimate Chimeras. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What if you can control the weather with the gamepad screen. You can create thunder storm, make rain, create hurricanes, spawn enemies, create hazards, make a hammer storm, troll with bumper rain, change the gravity, and spawn infinite Ultimate Chimeras. :troll:
I can just imagine Iwata trying to explain it. "The player who uses the Wii U gamepad can play as a unique character, God."

Top Bottom