• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weakest Link?

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Playing Link through earlier smash he seemed more intensely faster well balanced with Running,shotting,swinging throwing etc. Design wise to Botw Links tactics are in the same format apposed to his standard movesets but imo it's rather slow to maintain properly to get better at. I've tried numerous times to use Link in the game to play his formal moves the same way to get better with him to remain my main like in other smash games and yet I still cant achieve it.
Especially his air swing witch is just disappointing in a sence of lower air height and much slower taking less appoint damage in the process.
The remote bomb and arrows is really I can say the only good upgrade to links weaponry In previous games I found myself simply annoyed during a match when I accidentally pressed down B with bomb lighting in hand before exploding unable to strike my appoint. But at last his Sword swinging isn't quite ingaching like before. Swinging is a bit clunky slightly swinging on right hand which isn't a problem but something I'm not use to. almost as if he was designed for this game to be a bit more for casual then competitive in a scene.

But this my opinion dont have to agree but what do u think of link weak or non weak in ultimate?

GhostM

Phantom
I believe that Link is a lot better in Ultimate than his past iteration in Smash 4. The problem with Link back in Smash 4 was that he had slow frame data which made his moves easy to punish if the attack either missed/whiffs. Due to the fact that Ultimate has a faster pace than Smash 4, many characters overall feel faster than their previous iterations from Smash 4, which especially helps Link given the fact that he has faster movement speed in Ultimate than SSB4, which allows him to space and follow up much easier. His jump squat (7 frames in SSB4, 3 in Ultimate, +4 frames) and overall reduced lag for all characters makes his moves faster from SSB4. Not to forget that projectiles in this game have been buffed, which helps out his combo game with his boomerang and especially the remote bombs which leads to more combos with Z-dropping for pressure (including shield pressure), ledge trap setups, and for bomb recovery to help out due to the fact that he no longer possesses the tether recovery from SSB4.

I don't think he's better than Young Link especially since Young Link has faster frame data with many moves such as nair and dtilt which are safe on shield. I will say that personally, regular Link overall feels better than Toon Link, but Young Link is better with a more efficient combo game than the two because of the buffs from patch 7.0 which helped out his main problem, kill power. Young Link overall has more combo potential with his kit and both his grounded and aerial attacks. Pretty much the Link ranks for me personally goes like this:

1. Young Link
2. Link
3. Toon Link

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
I believe that Link is a lot better in Ultimate than his past iteration in Smash 4. The problem with Link back in Smash 4 was that he had slow frame data which made his moves easy to punish if the attack either missed/whiffs. Due to the fact that Ultimate has a faster pace than Smash 4, many characters overall feel faster than their previous iterations from Smash 4, which especially helps Link given the fact that he has faster movement speed in Ultimate than SSB4, which allows him to space and follow up much easier. His jump squat (7 frames in SSB4, 3 in Ultimate, +4 frames) and overall reduced lag for all characters makes his moves faster from SSB4. Not to forget that projectiles in this game have been buffed, which helps out his combo game with his boomerang and especially the remote bombs which leads to more combos with Z-dropping for pressure (including shield pressure), ledge trap setups, and for bomb recovery to help out due to the fact that he no longer possesses the tether recovery from SSB4.

I don't think he's better than Young Link especially since Young Link has faster frame data with many moves such as nair and dtilt which are safe on shield. I will say that personally, regular Link overall feels better than Toon Link, but Young Link is better with a more efficient combo game than the two because of the buffs from patch 7.0 which helped out his main problem, kill power. Young Link overall has more combo potential with his kit and both his grounded and aerial attacks. Pretty much the Link ranks for me personally goes like this:

1. Young Link
2. Link
3. Toon Link
Understandable

Top Bottom