• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WCS-Waterfall Canceled Slide

Could this be useful for the Greninja meta?

• Total voters

Guapadude

Smash Rookie
NNID
Guapodude
3DS FC
1203-9765-9087
Experimenting with Greninja on 3DS, when I discovered that while standing on the ground and performing the up-b, then angling it like a backwards wavedash can make him slide. Depending on the angle the farther you slide. You'll know if you did it right if you see a single water pellet fly at the angle of where the control stick is at.

Pros:
-Useful for Spacing
-Pushing jumping opponents away
-The water pellet can gimp recoveries, but only if the opponent recovers too high

Cons:
-Still have the same landing lag from the regular up-b
-It is easy to accidentally do Shadow Sneak
-If expected, the opponent can punish you.
-------------------------------------------------------
Currently I am still experimenting on a way to make this useful for other situations. Feel free to put down your opinion on this.

busken

Smash Ace
I don't see how this is useful, since you can do this OOS or out of run. You can't even perform anything out of the slide either.

Guapadude

Smash Rookie
NNID
Guapodude
3DS FC
1203-9765-9087
I don't see how this is useful, since you can do this OOS or out of run. You can't even perform anything out of the slide either.
Agreed. However but unlikely maybe there is a way to reduce the lag. Kinda like Pikachu's Edge-Cancelled Quick Attack.

busken

Smash Ace
Agreed. However but unlikely maybe there is a way to reduce the lag. Kinda like Pikachu's Edge-Cancelled Quick Attack.
Well, even if you can cancel off the ledge that turns it into a mobility option and not much off an approach. Certainly nothing close to wavedash backwards.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I use it to gimp recoveries and to space opponents away.Its pretty useful but can get predictable.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
No offense, but this is near day 1 tech (http://smashboards.com/threads/greninja-wavedashing.370915/#post-17710660) that never really caught on because of the lag before and after the move. You can't really follow up or use it as a reaction like wavedashing. It has uses for random unexpected spacing and you might get a gimp every now and then, but overall it's not very useful compared to other things.

Top Bottom