• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ways to predict your opponent and punish with Super Glide Toss?

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
Hi Megaman mains,first of all this is my first post here in SmashBoards,ok I'm asking for someone who knows how to use Super Glide Toss,are there several ways to punish using this technique?,I think it's a great technique to approach or escape and even I created some good strategies with it but I suck at using it offensively,the only things I know to do with SGT in ''Offensive Mode'' is to approach for a grab at the very beginning,approach when enemy is off-stage,and using it to make a Upsmash so I want learn more offensive strategies with Super Glide Toss.

PD:Here I leave a video where I make my first Super Glide Toss Kill

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
What is the point of editing the clip only to show uninteresting things like landing a Fmash?

Anyways, for up tossed it's only going to work if they are far enough away and don't use many projectiles. Don't bother trying on a Link who is on stage. If they are up in the air then the up thrown blade might hit them and knock them into a place where you can hit them. You also won't be putting yourself in danger.. Otherwise it's only going to be effective to close a distance gap, either running away or chasing, when your opponent is not in a good position to launch a counter attack. The odd time you will catch someone off guard.

Only the forward tossed blade is going to be a valid offensive option, for obvious reasons.

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
What is the point of editing the clip only to show uninteresting things like landing a Fmash?

Anyways, for up tossed it's only going to work if they are far enough away and don't use many projectiles. Don't bother trying on a Link who is on stage. If they are up in the air then the up thrown blade might hit them and knock them into a place where you can hit them. You also won't be putting yourself in danger.. Otherwise it's only going to be effective to close a distance gap, either running away or chasing, when your opponent is not in a good position to launch a counter attack. The odd time you will catch someone off guard.

Only the forward tossed blade is going to be a valid offensive option, for obvious reasons.
Oh I just uploaded the video for my self you know saving it because of updates,and I used the YT upload option because I don't have a capture card :(.

Yeah I don't bother trying that against Link,Toon Link,Falco or Samus,is just useless against them.

A great use of SGT is against Zelda Din's Fire spammers or Mario charging FLUDD

For me the forward tossed blade is difficult to land D:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
He is using the game's youtube upload function. If the match is 3 minutes or less, you can upload it entirely, otherwise, you can only make the game create a little highlight reel, wich is what we are seeing here.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Ohhh, I wondered what that highlight feature was. Pretty lame xD but I guess it's one way to get around the 3 min limit. Luckily I have a sweet capture device.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Rush 2112 rubbing his capture card in our faces, that's mean :(

But yeah, its good cause if you got a sweet kill or something you want to make a highlight video, if you lack a capture card.
For critiques of matches, we are stuck with potato recording tho.

glenn

Smash Cadet
It's useful in positioning yourself to punish an opponent who's committed to an unsafe recovery. I see lucarios, diddys, palutenas, and pits occasionally trying to overshoot the ledge to get away from edge guarding setups. They are all quite vulnerable if you can catch them.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I'd say any sort of punishes are obvious from the up toss, but if you're doing the forward toss, it doesn't really require much of a "read." What happens is sort of a rock, paper, scissors dynamic where if you have fast reaction, it could always lead into your favor.

Some jabs beat the metal blade, but you can always block, jump, or quickly cancel the friction after the toss as well. Then for most cases, an opponent will be thinking about blocking or jumping, and if they do block the best thing usually is a grab, but because of this patch, up smash is also as good because metal blade + up smash can stab an opponent's shield. If you don't think you're quick enough, I'd do forward toss into back air because its your most safest follow up.

You could also punish people for landing to extend juggles with this tech which is also where its really strong at.

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
It's useful in positioning yourself to punish an opponent who's committed to an unsafe recovery. I see lucarios, diddys, palutenas, and pits occasionally trying to overshoot the ledge to get away from edge guarding setups. They are all quite vulnerable if you can catch them.
Yeah for me it's really easy to punish them with ''SGT''

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
I'd say any sort of punishes are obvious from the up toss, but if you're doing the forward toss, it doesn't really require much of a "read." What happens is sort of a rock, paper, scissors dynamic where if you have fast reaction, it could always lead into your favor.

Some jabs beat the metal blade, but you can always block, jump, or quickly cancel the friction after the toss as well. Then for most cases, an opponent will be thinking about blocking or jumping, and if they do block the best thing usually is a grab, but because of this patch, up smash is also as good because metal blade + up smash can stab an opponent's shield. If you don't think you're quick enough, I'd do forward toss into back air because its your most safest follow up.

You could also punish people for landing to extend juggles with this tech which is also where its really strong at.
Yeah I heard about the Forward Tossing,for me it's a bit difficult to land and I really need to practice it and thanks for the tips :)

Top Bottom