• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way Too Slow! Interview with X!

Allied

Smash Master
Orginal Post http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=819
Just incase you guys haven't seen it yet :D

So a fairly big tournament in Las Vegas (S.I.N. 2) just happened and I’m interviewing 2nd place finisher X, one of the best Sonics! Mah du beat mad people getting to 2nd place so I’m going to be talking about the struggle of a Sonic main, his hardships, life story, if he likes me, etc.

Allied: So X, thanks for coming with me Mah Du<3 So we are here talking about Sin2, but let's backtrack a bit. How have you been doing in tournaments prior to Sin2?

X: Well, In Utah I always place 1st and when I lived in California for a few months I would place top 10! I've placed high in multiple OOS tournaments before :D.

Allied: All Sonic as well?

X: I've never EVER played anyone else in my entire life!! :D.

Allied: Ever feel held back as playing Sonic or not at all?

X: To be honest, I feel like Sonic has so much potential; that being said, it makes me feel like I can take him to new height, so no, not at all :-)

Allied: That’s interesting. So, with all your accomplishments, are you power ranked in your state?

X: I sure am! 1st in state :-) and I'm very happy about that accomplishment! I've got to keep my game up if I want to be 1st in Utah :-D.

Allied: That’s impressive. So now, let's talk about Sin2. Do you know how in particular you were seeded? Were there pools, and who did you face on your way to the top?

X: Well, I was seeded very low ha-ha! But no, there weren’t any pools and if I remember correctly, I went against FOW, Tyrant, DSF and M2K and boy, that was one hard bracket! Haha!

Allied: So for each match against FOW, Tyrant and DSF, how did you feel you were going to do and what was your general plan?

X: Well, FOW is an amazing Ness -- the best I’ve fought! I thought I was going to do okay but not too well. Just as I had hoped, I won! Oddly enough he went Meta Knight on me after I beat his Ness. I really hope he doesn’t switch to a Meta Knight main!

Tyrant -- boy, my mind was set on losing all the way! Tyrant has such a great Meta Knight but somehow I pulled together and managed to 2-0 him! I was very surprised and happy!

DSF -- I was feeling pretty good about going against him; after beating Tyrant I thought to myself that maybe I can do this again! And luckily I managed to 2-0 him as well! To be honest, I didn’t have high hopes for winning any of those matches! But I ended up winning them all! :D

Allied: Now you had to face M2K in Winners finals: how did that go?

X: Well, he ***** me! 3-0ed baby! Hahaha his MK had so many tricks I was like WTF! But yeah, I was overwhelmed with his skill level and he trashed me.

Allied: In Losers Finals you managed to face Tyrant again. Did he have any tricks up his sleeve to deal with you this time around?

X: Well this time Tyrant came back with vengeance and took me to the 5th game! It was last stock, last hit and 10 seconds remaining on Rainbow Cruise but I somehow managed to win! I can gladly say I didn’t time him out :D.

Allied: Now I saw on the Stream that you managed to win the first 2 games against M2K. What was going through your mind as you had a 2-0 lead?

X: I was sooooooooooo happy! I could not believe that I had a 2-0 lead! I mean come on, its M2K! I was thinking that maybe I can actually win, maybe this could be the day where a Sonic main beats M2K! But from what I heard from Jason, he said he had gotten mad that I had a 2-0 lead, so he went on and beat me in the last 3 matches and those were some great matches! I was happy that I was able to take him to last stock on most of the games!

Allied: Do you feel he adapted to your play style or did you slip up? What exactly happened?

X: Well at first I started adapting to HIS play style, but when he got angry he started reading me a lot better; I surely did not slip up. He read me way too well; I might have spammed a few moves that were easily punishable, but other than that I was an open book! I’m still just glad that I actually took him to game 5!

Allied: Well congratulations on 2nd on such a tough tournament mah du and almost beating M2K -- you definitely deserve the props. Any future tournaments that maybe I can see you at like MLG Raleigh, Apex and Supercon?

X: Thank you, I sure tried my best at SIN2!, And well my friends and family have been trying their best to get me to an MLG, the thing is I’m just too poor! ;(. I really want to travel out of state a lot more, but I’m so limited by my financial status. I was so lucky to make it to SIN2! It was funny because my car actually blew up on the way to Vegas, but one sweet call to MIMI and she had helped me and my brothers and friends with a ride and thanks to Hebrew Hammer for picking us up!

If for some reason I have money this summer, I will try my best to enter all of those tournaments! And I should be confirmed for Supercon! I love CO and it’s pretty close to me and I know my friends have my back so I’m not worried!

Allied: Well I’m sorry about what happened on the way there and I’m glad it ended up all ok, Any last words for your Sonic fans and Sonic players?

X: Wait… I have Sonic fans!?! I hope I do! And yes this is not only for the Sonic fans but my great friends and family.

I want to take this time to thank you all for the support!! Everyone on live stream, everyone behind me on my matches, MIMI for always being by my side in every match.
And just all of you who believe in me!!!!
Utah of course!! My good friend YAZ who taught me all about the Meta match up!
My brother LADA who helped me succeed in teams with SONIC AND ROB!! My brother StaZ who supported me from Cali with my dad!! My brother Kang! Who came and gave me SUPER SUPPORT!!
ZETH who is my second hand man!!!
my brother Dai-A who taught me all there is to know about smash!!!
my little brothers Ian and Randy who help me practice the game at home!
My dear sweet mom!
Thank you PICKLES! For WATCHING!!
DarkRyu who gave me instructions to do this weekend!! ahaha!!
Also Steph who came with us!
Mr.E for the housing and also XERO!!!!
Dakota and the gang!!!
Gangsta kirby for being the troll
BJ caver for being my hero!
Savannah kennedy!
Stephen stout for picking us up from out of nowhere!!
Utah for helping me get this good and achieve my goals!!
Allied for interviewing me! And being my SEXY FACEBOOK BUDDY!!! (LOL)
M2K for giving me such great matches!!
ALL OF VEGAS AND ALL OF CALIFORNIA!
Just EVERYONE!! I can't thank you guys enough! I really wish I had more to give.....
You guys are the best! I LOVE YOU ALL!! :-D

Well there you go, hopefully we will all see X around soon enough, thanks everyone for reading this! I'm going to go troll singles chat some more! peace! <3

Top Bottom