• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Waveslashing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp0nge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tking17
3DS FC
4382-2535-3109
As most of you probably know by now, Bowser can use his custom Dash Slash in the air to perform a slide while he crouches, which is called a waveslash. While I was testing this out yesterday to figure out how this could be implemented, I discovered that the distance of the waveslash can be increased, and it can also go much faster with a bit of precision.

Basically all you have to do is do the short hop falling dash slash (this part has to be perfect within a few frames I think), hold crouch and the direction opposite in which you slashed, and then let go of the control stick as soon as you start to slide backwards. This should carry you about half the length of FD from what I can tell. It's a little hard to pull off, but eventually you'll get used to it. There's a video showing what this looks like in action, I'll edit this post with it. Maybe I'll upload a video myself that shows it a bit more clearly.

While it is an extremely flashy technique, and it only works in customs, I feel like it could be very useful if used correctly. You have no lag at all because during the slide you're basically in a neutral position and are free to do anything. I thought that this would be great to combine with an aerial or a smash to catch them off guard and possibly net a super early kill.

What are your thoughts? Is this just flashy garbage or could it have potential to be a real thing?

EDIT: http://youtu.be/ggNderuJ5gw

So this guy did the slide, fell off the stage and used bair. Although I feel that this wasn't really capitalizing on the technique itself, it shows how the slide should work.

http://youtu.be/IL2uRnyr5Sk

This is me showing possible distance and follow ups

Last edited:

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
My feeling on waveslashing is that it's only going to be useful if someone can retreat a short distance AND follow up with an attack. Not only that but have the tech skill to do it every time. If someone can show me that after baiting a standing grab that waveslashing has a guaranteed punish, then I think I would have a reason to learn it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Closing. Please discuss in the moveset thread as detailed by MrEh in the post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom