• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining

CeLL

Smash Lord
I can waveshine fine, but I'm a bit confused on when I should waveshine and when I should just jump out of shine.

JakeLaser

Smash Rookie
Honestly, it all depends on what your opponent's percentage is at and how they react to yoru shine. If you are doing some pillaring (d-air to shine), then see if your opponent shields it. If they are shielding, they are likely to try to attempt a shield grab so you should try to jump out of the way and throw out a n-air or keep pillaring their shield.

If they are at a percent where you can't pillar them or you know they may tech roll away the second they hit the ground then it's not bad to wave shine and read where they are going. I sometimes will even waveshine straight down so that way I can follow up with a F-smash or a n-air depending on their DI.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
thats one of those choice things you need to read them then make a decision

Top Bottom