• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining help?

MitchellHess

Smash Rookie
I was watching a westballz set and I noticed that he was waveshining a lot. I know how to waveshine but I cannot waveshine after I hit someone with a shine. Do you have to speed up/slow down the inputs or something?

Thanks

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
The hitstun caused by hitting an opponent does in fact create a small difference in waveshining after hitting an opponent. The delay is small, but it will throw you off. It's why it took me so long to be able to waveshine with Falco consistently; the delay hits much harder than Fox's. Just put a delay into your waveshine whenever you hit someone with it. It's slight, but it's there.

BirdLordMasterBeak

Smash Apprentice
I would just go into a game with a level 1 fox on FD and see how long you can keep him in the air with just waveshining. It will help you get used to the timing

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah when you hit someone with shine you get put into a new animation where you can't do anything for a couple frames. You have to wait until those frames are over before you input the jump, but then the rest of the inputs use the same rhythm as if you'd whiffed the shine.
On a slightly unrelated note, lvl 3 & 7 cpus have better DI, so if you're working on juggling and moving around, lvl 3 might be slightly more useful.

Top Bottom